CC 3.0.8 and SSL problem - CART EMPTY

Guest drodrigz

Guest walmarc

Im still running 3.0.7p1 and its happening to me! I had to turn off SSL. =-(

I just installed a dedicated SSL cert on my store (which has a dedicated IP) and this exact problem occurred.

Has there been anyone who has been able to locate a fix yet?

Guest mashurst

If anyone can consistently duplicate the problem, that would be the best piece of information, as the mechanic can't fix the noise that your car makes if when you get it to his shop, the noise stops.

I have been in contact with Brooky a lot and he has been very helpful in trying to duplicate and fix this issue. The problem with my store is:

it doesn't happen all of the time

and, I am only 99% sure my ssl settings are right as there are only some cc users that are having ssl problems.

If Sir William says that a fix is in work, then I guess we should all wait as I don't think that Brooky and the team will benefit from a whole bunch of tickets being opened for this. (not that I can speak for anyone) I don't know if it would be beneficial to "start more fires" at this point. It might be helpful if you make your server configuration privately available to Brooky so the troubleshooters maybe see some similarities and differences, if requested.

Also helpful, if you don't own any Cubecart licenses, buy one to cover the costs of this fix. You are getting a steal at the price if your store is making any money at all.

-M :innocent:

If anyone can consistently duplicate the problem, that would be the best piece of information, as the mechanic can't fix the noise that your car makes if when you get it to his shop, the noise stops.

I have been in contact with Brooky a lot and he has been very helpful in trying to duplicate and fix this issue. The problem with my store is:

it doesn't happen all of the time

and, I am only 99% sure my ssl settings are right as there are only some cc users that are having ssl problems.

If Sir William says that a fix is in work, then I guess we should all wait as I don't think that Brooky and the team will benefit from a whole bunch of tickets being opened for this. (not that I can speak for anyone) I don't know if it would be beneficial to "start more fires" at this point. It might be helpful if you make your server configuration privately available to Brooky so the troubleshooters maybe see some similarities and differences, if requested.

Also helpful, if you don't own any Cubecart licenses, buy one to cover the costs of this fix. You are getting a steal at the price if your store is making any money at all.

-M ;)

Feel free to use my site, it does it all the time and I have not listed any products as yet so I have nothing to loose. I will provide the ftp and admin log in details to an admin upon request.

Ohh and im using internet explorer 7.0 Beta and explorer 6. and they both do the same thing.

Could I get a couple of you guys to go to my site and create an account and try the login and see if you get the same error.

click here to sign up.

Ive just stumbled on somthing which may be of help.

When you sign in and it goes to the next page it says Weclome Guest again like you havent logged in BUT if you click the back button it takes you back to the sign in page and says You have already logged in. and shows your user name up the top but if you click the basket it still says basket is empty, even though you have added items before you log in.

Guest mashurst

Ive just stumbled on somthing which may be of help.

When you sign in and it goes to the next page it says Weclome Guest again like you havent logged in BUT if you click the back button it takes you back to the sign in page and says You have already logged in. and shows your user name up the top but if you click the basket it still says basket is empty, even though you have added items before you log in.

I tried it as a guest and it didn't break :D Ugghhhh. Thanks for the site though.

-M :w00t:

viss, Brooky and I are testing on your site right now, we're just trying to narrow down the exact problem and get it worked out. Hopefully we get a fix tonight. :D

:w00t:

I think I love you Willy & Brooky too :P

For all out there having probs, check this post out courtesy of Brooky and the team. So far, so good.

3.08 shared ssl fix

Buy a license from an affliate, support Cubecart.

-M ;)

I think the guys have fixed it on my site it all seems to be working (just need conformation of that)

I only have 1 more problem.

When you click the cart, the box that displays the product actually sits on top of the header a little bit. It covers about half of the user sign in box can someone tell me where to fix this ?

Guest mashurst

For all out there having probs, check this post out courtesy of Brooky and the team. So far, so good.

3.08 shared ssl fix

Buy a license from an affliate, support Cubecart.

-M :D

I think the guys have fixed it on my site it all seems to be working (just need conformation of that)

I only have 1 more problem.

When you click the cart, the box that displays the product actually sits on top of the header a little bit. It covers about half of the user sign in box can someone tell me where to fix this ?

I remember seeing something in the skins section about moving the boxes, that in particular, just can't remember where, maybe in the skins section. I'll try and find it, I know it is out there. You can change the positions of any of the boxes if you are good with css and templates in your skins. Me, I'm barely passable.

Brooky -

Thank you! It's back in secure mode, just like before (in CC 3.0.7-pl1)!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Daniel.

No worries. 3.0.9 will be out later which includes this fix. Offline mode and a few really minor other things.

Not necessary to upgrade.

the link is for 2.0.6 isnt it? Where can i download the fix for 3.0.8 version to enable shared ssl.

the test site works great with ssl

Guest drodrigz

hongkong62 -

I did the manual fix, and it worked for me. I have dedicated SSL. Still, I would recommend backing up your files before manually changing anything. Just in case!

Take care

d

Guest alarmed

Hi all, glad to hear there has been good progress for the people having problems and a fix has been released, unfortunately you always get one :D

Done a step by step upgrade from 3.08 to 3.09 apart from two files:

1) admin\products\index.php file

simply because I run the seo mod and I thought it would interfear

2) language\cn\flag.gif

Deleted this folder along with other countries not needed.

My problem is when I login to admin I only get a third of the options on the left hand side and the login box, if I select any of the grayed out links I get this message "You do not have permission to access this"

Thanks for any help

Alarmed

Hi all, glad to hear there has been good progress for the people having problems and a fix has been released, unfortunately you always get one :D

Done a step by step upgrade from 3.08 to 3.09 apart from two files:

1) admin\products\index.php file

simply because I run the seo mod and I thought it would interfear

2) language\cn\flag.gif

Deleted this folder along with other countries not needed.

My problem is when I login to admin I only get a third of the options on the left hand side and the login box, if I select any of the grayed out links I get this message "You do not have permission to access this"

Thanks for any help

Alarmed

i had the exact problem Please ensure you update

admin\includes\auth.inc.php

admin\misc\info.php

admin\login.php

admin\logout.php

You may have missed one of them when updating.

Guest mashurst

Hi all, glad to hear there has been good progress for the people having problems and a fix has been released,

Thanks for any help

Alarmed

I had this problem when my ssl path information was set wrong in the general settings. Had path to store wrong /mystore/ and had dedicated ssl url wrong. https://mystore.myhost.com/mystore (no trailing slash) you will notice that when you hold your mouse over the links in the store, in the browser it will show what the link is to what you are trying to click on. If the settings are wrong, the link will look incorrect like I had one time, https://mystore.myhose.com//mystore etc.

-M :D