Search Box and Template

Guest Train25

Guest Train25

I have to admit this is a much better cart then Zen Cart. Great work one and all.

Now onto my questions. I have searched the forums to no avail. Maybe I am just a noob on this one but I have to ask them anyways since I am just learning PHP.

First question - I am using the classic template and want to move the search box. I want the search box as its own box on the left. I can move it there no problem but it does not take on the look and feel as the other boxes do. A perfect example of what I am looking for can be viewed on this site http://www.4catsndogs.com.

Second Question - I have moved all the boxes all to the left. How do I get the rest of the center to span to the right where the boxes were so there is no wasted white space?

You can view my site here: http://everypcneed.com/store

to move the search box

create the new box with the data in it and ust the correct style calls to match the other boxes.

in layout.css etc you can edit the main box size.

Guest Train25

Well that sounds easy enough. But can you provide directions please to accomplish these 2 tasks? Keep in mind I have only been learning php for a short time and have been working with CC even shorter.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wirednetwork

That's really unhelpful .. people DO search this forum but a lot of the instructions are outdated.. the templates don't have the same code we are told to search for, trust me, I know.. i've been trying to simply remove the Welcome Members line for two days and every post in here references code I can't find..

People need help.. not just told to search outdated threads.