Idea # 2

Guest stijnj

Guest stijnj

In the live store section you can discover some nice designs for Cubecart.Since CC is not template build I tried a work around to easily change the front-end of the store.

In this example I just changed some lines in 3 files

-style css

-header.inc.php

-admin/settings.inc.php

uploaded 8 tiny gifs to the image folder + 1 jpg

Now I'm not the worlds most greatest designer, but I can imagine some of you are!

It's just an idea but why not try to create and share some of these 'templates' by just editing these 3 files ?

I'm shure a lot of store owners would like to change the front-end design now and then

Another thought is, since the lack of support on the CC forums , I might setup a CubeCart mods/templates site on my own server.

Replies wanted.

Stijn

example simple orange on white template

templ_orange_white_2.jpg

templ_orange_white_1.jpg

example simple grey on white template

templ_grey_white_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cool Idea Stijnj, everyone has been asking to change the look for ages and i don't know why i'm the first to reply to this thread, but ha sounds cool to me, might help to tell everyone of the changes needed to create a template though?

What lines did you change and what sizes etc. the images have to be, that way i'm sure you'll see some templates appear before to long.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest repustech

That is not a bad idea. I have had the same issues with changing the look of CubeCart to match my website. Most changes can be done to the following 3 files to get the look you are going for without much of a headache.

style.css

header.inc.php

footer.inc.php

I would be willing to help make a guide to help users change the look of CubeCart. If we all put our heads together we can come up with something that will help everyone.

Let me know your thoughts...

Here is what I've done to my site so far, more changes to come.

http://www.repustech.com

Best Regards,

Jason

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was bored so starting reading old posts. Has no one contributed any new templates? I am not good enough to alter PHP - I always mess up some little punctuation and get errors but I have made different color tables and buttons, edited the style sheet to match with color scrollbars etc.

In appreciation for the help I have gotten, if anyone needs a different color store, let me know, I may have that color done and can help with changing the logo as well!

How would different graphics be submited for others to use?

deedee

• 3 weeks later...

:) I have one question beentrying to figure it out for 2 days how do i change the main background color to image :D

Style Preferences:

Background color: -->

want to change to image not color

please help me