first store online now...

Guest mubs

Thanks for the nice comments. It was a lot of work but well worth it!

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but...

As the title says this is the first online store I have built. Do you guys have any suggestions on promoting the store? We submitted the products to Froogle (via an RSS feed that we built), anywhere else we should do submit too?

Thanks,

Mubs

see my comments elsewhere on the problems of that big banner wasting all that real estate on every page. Also see my standard rant about hi-resiolution interfaces that ignore all the potential customers who use 800 by 600 monitor resolution. Search on my CC member name and you'll find them.

Other than those two not-so-minor issues, it's a handsome customization.

Would you share with us how you integrated the forums and what sofwtare you did that with?

jerseyjoe,

normally i would agree with you about the resolution, and wasting space, however our target demographic for the store gave us some freedom to assume higher computing resources.

the community portion was custom developed by myself.

in terms of integration, i modified the signup process in the store to also create the necessary table entries for the community area, the account/login information is then shared between the two areas.

mubs

Guest magicpaul

The only thing i noticed is the bottom copyright is missing ;)

Maybe he purchased the software..?

Great design BTW, it's refreshing to see something different amongst the masses of slighly alterered default skins. :)

we haven't purchased the software yet, hoping to once we get some orders thru ;)

the copyright is in place, but only on the actual shop pages.

the homepage, and the community pages are custom pages, not built by the cubecart software, so its not on them.

mubs