Gamma 2006

:P you know how i do :) It's cubecart version 2.

It's been like 7 hours since i launched it and it's practically done now. 1:20am :on2long: ... If you see any problems let me know. Been 4 months in the making so I made sure it was the best I could do. Bout to sleep but I'll just let you know what's running under the bonnet. Should help people trying to pull off some of the things i've done.

Index / General

» Running a mod which was originally done by Stijnj which I heavily modified to show some new products & specials. Built a custom backend page in the Admin section which displays all products which are New / Special (added a database column to inventory for this) so you can :)

» Made the search a nice clean big box along the top... It's an important tool :)

» Twisted's shipping zone mod at checkout with modifications from Spanjis - You select a location near you when purchasing a product and it calculates shipping based on that. Spanjis's modification: If you buy from a category with no shipping costs, theres no shipping regardless of zone :)

View Category Page

» The categories which have no products in them I implemented my personally built empty category populate mod which I today found out doesnt work on mysql versions below 4.1 (will fix soon) - If a category is empty it selects products from sub & subsub categories to display just to keep something showing rather than nothing

» My good old Customer Sorting mod i made ages ago and forgot to post up so people could use yet (sorryyyyyyyy :P ) Lets customers sort a category based on whatever. Title description price.

» Showing the product Code under the images now, handy so you dont have to go into the page to find out what it's code is & if its the one you're after

» Cleaned up the Page links and stuff.

» This was a big one & one which worked off my existing stats tracker... If you come to a category page from a search engine and you searched for example for Microsoft.. In that category page, all instances of Microsoft in Title/ Description will be highlighted.. This is seriously useful because if you come to a category page with 50 products you'll say WTF wheres the product that matched my search query... So yeah there you go. -- To test go to google.co.nz & search for "intel p4 2.8 gamma computers" -- Click the result. We'll be second in the list. Click that and you'll see the highlighting in action! :)

view product page

» Image Size limiting mod by someone i forgot who it was..

» Just a little Stock level modification I added (in stock / not)... Doesn't serve much purpose but meh

» dynamic price update based on option changes ~ bennyuk is working on this for me still. If a product has options and you select some, it'll auto update the price to reflect the options

» if I login it shows cost price of goods, the supplier & a link to edit the product

» Added a little price below the actual price for FlexiOwn (Like the cost to Hire Purchase the product :) )

» Category messages. Custom little mod i made. For every category I can set a message. Like "Free shipping on CPU's" If you view a product in that category. Below description it shows NOTE: $Category message :]

I think that's about it........................

Any more comments, queries, feedback keepem coming :)

My good old Customer Sorting mod i made ages ago and forgot to post up so people could use yet (sorryyyyyyyy ) Lets customers sort a category based on whatever. Title description price.

Its never to late :P lol :P

That is heave moded indeed :on2long:

Yeah man i will definately post that mod up just as soon as everything calms down at gamma :D

Meanwhile can anyone help me out? I'm trying to fix my empty category populate mod so that it works with Mysql Versions 4 and older ~ Currently the main query only works on 4.1+

here it is:

$query = "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."store_inventory where cat_id IN (select cat_id from ".$prefix."store_category where (cat_father_id = $cat_id OR cat_father_id IN (select cat_id from ".$prefix."store_category where cat_father_id = $cat_id))) order by rand() LIMIT 0, 5";

Cheers

• 3 months later...
Guest netrix

Wow nice clean site. I especially like the product section. Very easy to read and all the pertinent information is right there on the left. Very nice!

Guest degsey69

Very clean, very powerfull site.

As a version 3 user I did not expect a site could be as proffessional as this on ver 2, blows my mind.

Life in version 2 yet :blink: