Product shown multiple times in the same category

craigfh

I am having major problems with my site showing a product upwards of 5 times in the same category.

http://www.berniesflowers.com/shop/index.p...iewCat&catId=14

My client is getting really upset because his customers are complaining. How can a fix this quickly. It wouldn't be bad if this was only one product but the problem is in multiple products.

Is there anyway to fix this quickly without deleting all the products?

Also the categories in some cases will say there are 5 products but only have 2 inside the category.

Someone please help me. This is hurting my business.

Guest estelle

Have you populated your catalog by importing CSV files? This is the most likely cause of this problem.

Why don't you use phpMyAdmin to take a full backup of your database (export in SQL format), and then use phpMyAdmin to delete each of the duplicate records. You have to know what you are doing, however! I expect the problem will be in the CubeCart_cats_idx table.

Guest Ammoguns

I was just wondering when this problem is going to be addressed. It happens to me whenever I manage categories and just find it very annoying. And thank you Sir William for your module to fix the counts. My name Jim and ammoguns.com is my test site running CubeCart 2.x. My clients current store is running 3.08 under his current domain of cnyarmory.com. Jim (Yes, This is his original layout).

• 1 year later...

A client of mine just told me he's having the same problem - and it's been going on for a while before he said anything.

The problem appears to come when he adds a product to other categories using the Manage Categories pop-up. Eg. If he adds the product to 3 categories at the same time, it shows up 3 times in the lowest category on the list. If he adds the product to one category at a time, closing the Manage Categories popup each time, then it appears to work fine. I've not done extensive testing yet to check if my statements above are true all the time.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a solution other than adding products to one category at a time?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem solved.

Try this.

Add a product to a category on the first page of category management.

Now DONT CLOSE THE WINDOW and then go to a different page

The product will be added again to the first category.

Im going to work out a fix for this, should be quite simple

Andrew

Chuggyskins

• 1 month later...
Guest genxgsm

I have solved this problem

I will forward it to the development team

Andrew

Chuggyskins

So is there a solution to it yet or nope?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest topdotter

Hi,

Unfortunately Sir William's script didn't solve this problem for me. www.silkknots.com... browse by category. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Shmuel

UPDATE: This only happens in the "Shop by color" category

• 3 weeks later...

script didnt work for me either

if i click on TECHNO in my own store

i see a listing and i click that item

when the items page is open, its actually under HOUSE music and not TECHNO

Guest Jump1979man

I am having this same issue on 3.0.16 and it is very annoying.....I created a new topic posting on this before I came across this one...sorry for that.

Why is this an issue? Should there not be an easy fix for something like this....it must be a script for the database add....

Or is there at least any directions on how to avoid this?

correct JUMP

my problem isnt so much that the product count is off

the problem more so for me is when i add a product to a certain catagory

and i goto CLICK on that category later to view its products

i see a slew of other items as well showing in that categories which are not part of that category