CSV File Needed for Testing

Greetings, as most know I'm finishing up my CSV import module for CubeCart. The biggest CSV file I have to play with is just a bit over 800 products. I'd really like to test with a BIG file. Several thousand products with descriptions and such would be ideal.

If anybody has such a file, please contact me at [email protected].

:on2long:

Well, I've been coding my tailfeathers off tonight. I've tested it every way I can with the data I have. As of right now, all features work as I'm expecting them to with the exception of the bulk thumbnail creation. But I need some more data for testing.

At this point, I'll take most anything. I want to try several different files and make sure that the script will handle them. :D

It's only 45KB worth of PHP right now...and I haven't written the documentation for it yet. :D

As soon as I'm done testing it here, it'll go to a couple of beta testers..... Mark, you listening? :D

:D

Guest theboylard

Greetings, as most know I'm finishing up my CSV import module for CubeCart. The biggest CSV file I have to play with is just a bit over 800 products. I'd really like to test with a BIG file. Several thousand products with descriptions and such would be ideal.

If anybody has such a file, please contact me at [email protected].

2000+ do?

If you want it let me know, I'm away for the weekend as of 14:00 today (Saturday), but I can let you have it offlist before I go - I'll happily play guinea pig as well if necessary :D

I have a plain vanilla csv file and a very detailed, macro-ridden excel version that is used to update a site hosted by them.

Let me know,

hapless

Sure man. That'd be great. If you can send both files, even better. I want to really torture test this thing over the weekend.

I'll be gone most of Saturday, but I'll surely give her heck on Sunday. :D

Thanks!

Sure man. That'd be great. If you can send both files, even better. I want to really torture test this thing over the weekend.

I'll be gone most of Saturday, but I'll surely give her heck on Sunday. :D

Thanks!

Can't wait :D

Guest blairnichols

Yeah cant wait here either - I am spending yet another day with lists of items to manually add to my site. I have a backlog of over 1000 products. When will it end!!!!

Seriously though Sir William, if you need testers drop me a mail at [email protected]

I would be only too happy to help.

Sir William:

We're over 6000 products currently. I've been inserting csv files manually, running sql commands to update cat ids and using fixcatcount to update. Sure would be nice to do it as one step. Let me know if you want my file to test. We eventually hope to be over 200,000! Will CC be up to the challenge!?!?!?!?

Mo

Guest degsey69

Sir William

How about launching this mod early, I would gladly pay for a beta version and send back feed back if problems arose.

Can we have it now :cry::cry::w00t:

Pleezzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Degsey, drop me an e-mail and we'll see what we can work out.

I went through some alpha testing with MarksCarts last night. We came up with a few interface and verbiage changes that I needed to make, but overall, she's working really well. I'll be fine tuning a few more things this evening then it should be ready for beta by tonight or tomorrow.

:)

Thanks to Blair, I did a 20,000 item and then a 40,000 item file import. It went smooth as silk. I tried 60,000 items, but the server just puked and wouldn't even return a header. So I guess there is a limit somewhere, but few will likely reach it. :cry: Worst case, you split a super huge file into a couple of pieces. :cry:

Anyway, doing 5,000 items at a shot, I did 40,000 in about 86 seconds. Of course there were no images or whatnot, but I think that's pretty darned good if I do say so myself.

The server is a Dual PIII 1G with 1G RAM running U160 RAID Drives and running FreeBSD in case any are wondering. :w00t:

So now that I know it works, I just need to polish up some interface pieces, finish the thumbnail code and get it to the beta testers....either 2/14 or 2/15.

Thanks everybody for their patience and encouragement.

:)

Guest blairnichols

Cant wait to see it in action, anyhow its 4am over here in sunny scotland and I need to get of to the land of nod. Hopefully this will be one of the last days I have to manually add products!! I feel a few others feel the same way.

Sir William drop me an email if I can help any further.

Sorry Blair. I wound up working 25 hours straight on Monday so then Tuesday was wasted for me. I did get to do some more on it last night and will get it wrapped and distributed tonight I believe.

Guest blairnichols

Sweet - I cant wait!!! My fingers are burning as my deadline for this project is drawing closer. Please let me know as soon as its ready!!!

25 hours straight!! Legend. I know how you feel the next day though, I have clinical insomnia so sleep very little.

Guest degsey69

Hey Sir William

You must be close to finishing now I hope, I need this mod and the next one your planning as well.

Hope you slept well you have all of out here waiting with baited breath. :blink:

Blair has been sent a copy to test. Now who else was supposed to receive it? Carl, Mark, and it seems like one other??? Drop me an e-mail guys and I'll head it your way.

:blink:

Guest booboobooboo

Blair has been sent a copy to test. Now who else was supposed to receive it? Carl, Mark, and it seems like one other??? Drop me an e-mail guys and I'll head it your way.

;)

MEEEEE!!! im despo! pleeeeeeese

Blair sat up working with me on this til nearly 6am. I had to rewrite the backup and restore functions completely, but they work even better than ever. They will now accommodate any changes you've made to your database tables and restore them accurately.

Once we got that worked out, the remainder worked flawlessly. Most of the comments that Blair had were cosmetic and in regards to documentation. I'll be fleshing out the docs tonight and tomorrow. We're still on track to release on Saturday or Sunday.

Homer has a copy as does MarksCarts. So when they report back, I'll get it wrapped up.

;)

Guest blairnichols

The version I have has now been tested and from what I can tell has no problems!

Absolutly awesome module!! Will save alot of people alot of time, for me it has already alowed me more time with my girlfriend. She's happy therefore I'm happy;)

But seriously, with the way things are going with this module. And the additions that Sir William has been talking about I cant see why anyone would not want it. The way I see it is everyone will want this mod!! Even the thought of adding just 10 products normally seems like hard work now!!