CSV File Needed for Testing

Guest degsey69

Will we see this on your site soon, Sir William.

I also desperately need the other one that you are plannbg as well that is a hybrid of the two applications that will allow download of the csv file editing and upload back to database. :D

I have this mod and installed and tried and tested results were as follows.

Start stopwatch - 0:00:00

Installed new V3.0.8 shop on back of my site

Installed seo mod by rukimon and csv mod by sir will

Uploaded 2100+ products via csv file

Uploaded 2100 images + 2100 thumbnails (already done)

Stop stopwatch - 2:30:00

:D:D:ph34r: two and a half hours to build a shop with search engine friendly url's and fill it with over 2000 products and there images.

and it was the first go with it.

This is a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet mod

Guest claire100

Hi there,

Have only just discovered cubecart (after building 4 stores with oscommerce!)

Cannot believe how much simpler this is. Have just set up a store for my Mum with cubecart (because it's so easy to use) but was beginning to panic as to how she was going to upload her products, and was resigned to switching back to osc.

Sir William, can I presume that the contribution you are working on is going to be similar to easy populate or one of the other 'excel upload' contribs?

If so, fantastic!! (err....when can we have it?;-))

If you are still looking for files or guinea pigs....I'm free. Have several empty domains I could test on if you need any of that type of help.

Regards and best wishes,

Claire

Thanks for the kudos Blair, Carl & Mark! :)

The programming is done, I'm just working on documentation now. I'll be wrapping this today and get it posted for sale this evening. THANKS!

;)

Guest blairnichols

Sir william has wrote an amazing program that handles the csv file. The documentation that goes along with the program clearly explains how to write a csv file or txt file. There are quite a few different ways to write such a file dependand on how you are going to handle it, what sort of seperator, what sort of info/symbols you wish the file to contain ect. I would suggest Sir Williams CSV Import Module when it becomes available, and as I mentioned before the docs will tell you how to create the file.

Guest stephen71

Sir william has wrote an amazing program that handles the csv file. The documentation that goes along with the program clearly explains how to write a csv file or txt file. There are quite a few different ways to write such a file dependand on how you are going to handle it, what sort of seperator, what sort of info/symbols you wish the file to contain ect. I would suggest Sir Williams CSV Import Module when it becomes available, and as I mentioned before the docs will tell you how to create the file.

Can't wait to get my hands on this mod - i have over 2000 products and the thought of ever manually inputing them again gives me a migrain !

Sir William, my sanity is in your hands.

:innocent:

Guest claire100

Hi there,

Are we looking here for this mod to arrive, or is it being posted elsewhere?

Can anybody give me any indication as to when it will be available, and how much it is likely to cost?

At the moment I am putting off installing another cart on the strength that this mod will be available soon.

If this is not the case, could somebody let me know, as my client is getting pushy!

Regards,

Claire

Claire (and others), I've been swamped with a server migration which has slowed down the release somewhat. The good news is that I only have to finish up some documentation and it'll be ready for release. It was tested for the final time yesterday with perfect results, so as soon as the docs are wrapped up, I'll post it up on my site and notify ppl on here.

Thanks!

;)

Guest blairnichols

From what I understand, The mod will be available from Sir Williams site. I am sure he will post in this thread when it is available for purchase.

I would hold on if I was you, keep your client informed and wait for this mod. I have used many shopping cart systems now and would honestly rate CubeCart at the top of my list. Especially with Sir Willie's mod!!!!!! Its awesome!!

Guest claire100

Hi,

Thanks for that.

Didn't mean to hassle anyone, just keen to try it myself!

I agree Blair, from what I've seen, cubecart definitely has the edge over the others.

Regards,

Claire

Guest Gayle9890

Hi

Just joined the forum and this is one mod that I want.

I noticed that it should have been finshed last weekend but I can not find it on Sir Williams site or cubecart.org. Is it somewhere else that I can not find. I have a website with 2500 items and I want to wait until I get this mod to finish the store.

Thanks

Gayle