another one rolls off

Guest brosville

Guest brosville

thanks fellas! - I love E107 to pieces, great shame they don't have a useable shop module - if someone could build cubecart as a plugin for it, the two together would imho make a world beating portal/ecommerce solution! :)

Tell you what is really nice - I'm helping a mate set the company up - the people in the "alternative energy" field are some of the nicest people I've come across - no protectionism, just "how can we help" - they don't see us as rivals, more as "converts", and are bending over backwards to help us! :angry:

Guest brosville

got a feeling it would be a nightmare to do! :sourcerer:

In a way, I don't mind too much about the "seam" - I don't want it to look TOO corporate! :angry:

(that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!) :sourcerer:

there is a actually a "wrap" facility in E107, that may be easier! - it's the sort of thing I can "fiddle" with when all the big stuff is done (like stocking the blessed thing!) :)

http://solarwind.org.uk/e107_plugins/wrap/wrap.php?1 - comme ca! :sourcerer:

I've been "fiddling" - I've found that using the "wrap facility" in E107, I can get it to display reasonably seamlessly - http://solarwind.org.uk/e107_plugins/wrap/wrap.php?1 - how difficult would it be to move the search and login to the side boxes, and "lose" the superfluous cubecart logo? :D
Very easy, just edit the global templates and/or CSS files. You should also change the width to be 100% rather than a fixed width, and in the parent wrapper try to remove the side borders. At the moment, it doesn't really work on lower screen resolutions.

Guest brosville

thanks for that - certainly worth more "fiddling" - I'll give it a go! - I've always lamented e107s lack of a good e- commerce solution - I may have stumbled into a viable solution - it means two databases, but apart form that, I may well have a goer! :D

Guest gwizard

You don't have to have 2 db's.

CC uses prefixes for it's tables, ie CubeCart_order_inv

It cannot bother e107 or any other application.

Just stick to 1 db and be done with it ;)

Guest brosville

thanks fellas - I'm going to have a good go at it - probably not for a day or two, because I've got to stock the thing - but in the fullness of time.......... :)

I changed the "skin" on E107 - the earlier one was very "pretty", but it wasted loads of space - as we need loads of content, I switched to a full-width, less poncey design! ;)