Editing the Language File, change wording in store

markscarts

Guest azarus

hi everyone,

is there anybody can tell me why can't i change the text in french version, it apears always (Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in ) thanks a lot

a parse error, "unexpected text string" means that the php syntax is wrong, and it indicates that you changed the file incorrectly. In the language file, you see lines like this for creating the language arrays:

'shop_by_cat' => "Shop by Category",

No matter which language you are dealing with, it is imperative that you change nothing in any of the lines except for the text between double quote marks (i.e., the text in red above).

DO NOT change the wording on the left side of these "equations"

DO NOT remove the quote marks or the final commas

Additionally, there are some characters that you cannot use in the text you replace with. For instance, you cannot use a double quote mark, use single quote marks in place of double quotes in you text, or you must comment each use of double quote mark like this: \"

etcetera

Guest azarus

a parse error, "unexpected text string" means that the php syntax is wrong, and it indicates that you changed the file incorrectly. In the language file, you see lines like this for creating the language arrays:

'shop_by_cat' => "Shop by Category",

No matter which language you are dealing with, it is imperative that you change nothing in any of the lines except for the text between double quote marks (i.e., the text in red above).

DO NOT change the wording on the left side of these "equations"

DO NOT remove the quote marks or the final commas

Additionally, there are some characters that you cannot use in the text you replace with. For instance, you cannot use a double quote mark, use single quote marks in place of double quotes in you text, or you must comment each use of double quote mark like this: \"

etcetera

thanks a lot, but i think i have already done as you told me, the problems are still there. i guest it would be my computer's language is not in french, then, when i save the language.inc.php, it can't not be reconized by the french programe in my store. is it possible?