Shoehustler

Guest ms_arbez

Guest ms_arbez

I'm still uploading merchandise into the server, and I'm sure I'll be doing some more tweaking, but I wanted to post my work here:

http://www.shoehustler.com/merch

The main reason I'm so happy to post it is that I only started working on this on MONDAY, and out of all the things I've worked with (forums, photo galleries, etc). This has been THE EASIEST SETUP to work with! I've actually learned to understand PHP more using this, and when this deal is over with, I think if time permits I'm going to start working on creating some skins and possibly selling them through my design site!

Very nice. Great work.

The only thing I've noticed is that the cart template has a slightly different layout (and less styled), and the search and login dialogs are higher therefore bordering/over the graphics. Other than that, excellent work. ;)

I'm still uploading merchandise into the server, and I'm sure I'll be doing some more tweaking, but I wanted to post my work here:

http://www.shoehustler.com/merch

The main reason I'm so happy to post it is that I only started working on this on MONDAY, and out of all the things I've worked with (forums, photo galleries, etc). This has been THE EASIEST SETUP to work with! I've actually learned to understand PHP more using this, and when this deal is over with, I think if time permits I'm going to start working on creating some skins and possibly selling them through my design site!

Hi,

it looks really, really good - but there are a few problems with the left hand menu headers in Firefox 1.5.0.1

See attachment for info.

Otherwise, very nice!

Jason

Guest ms_arbez

@gwizard: Actually, I do have a LOT of Timberland boots that I need to add. I'll ask my client about international sales when I talk to him sometime this weekend. I don't know if the free shipping applies, though... a lot of his options and deals were kind of vague, so I told him that he definitely needs to work on some terms and conditions.

@Robsta: I'm actually trying to figure out why that's happening... still tweaking the templates along with everything else.

@vokf: Someone brought that to my attention as well... I'm sure it has something to do with the layers, but I can't figure out why it happens either. The same thing happens when someone views the site at a different resolution (my laptop is set on 1024X768). Until I figure out how to fix it, I might try making the images smaller and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback! ;)

Guest ms_arbez

Nicely done. It doesn't look Cube Cart-ish at all. You might consider moving your prices and 'add to basket' to the top in product view. That way we don't have to scroll down.

Yeah... when I first did it, I put it down at the bottom because I thought my shoe listing sat too low down. I did change it back for functionality purposes.

Guest brosville

oo er missis! - it's "concertinaing" on Firefox 1.5 -the top header is somehow superimposed over the shop cart, leaving a thumping great white space above it.........tie the perisher down, she's come adrift! :D

OK list of things...

The Heading in firefox has a massive amount of white area above it pushing the header image under all the store contents...

The box heading are VERY messed up and under the box content in IE + FF.

The *Shop by catagory* known as *shoes* on your site though the floating idea is nice moves over your mailing list and Shopping basket and so all looks very messy..

However on to the nice stuff, i LOVE the design and think will be gorgeous once it is done and also totaly agree that it would take me a while to guess that is cubecart :D