Question all to see CC has some big issues>>

Actually, just seen Estelle does a couple of tax mods to display VAT correctly in UK stores, but i resent paying $40 for the privledge.

Anyone else know how to do it or wants to slip me the code ? :innocent:

Guest EverythingWeb

redbak,

Sorry, but I am afraid that comment has just infruriated me!

Firstly, it's not $40 - it actually works out at £5.70 as of today's rate, which really is a VERY small amount.

Asking for someone to 'slip you the code' of a MOD which has taken hours to develop, really is insulting to the Creator and the community in general.

redbak,

Sorry, but I am afraid that comment has just infruriated me!

Firstly, it's not $40 - it actually works out at £5.70 as of today's rate, which really is a VERY small amount.

Asking for someone to 'slip you the code' of a MOD which has taken hours to develop, really is insulting to the Creator and the community in general.

My apologies, i thought it was USD

Guest EverythingWeb

The price shown is in USD, however when converted to GBP (which given the fact you were talking about VAT lead me to believe you were UK based) the 10$ comes out at the above figure.

The price shown is in USD, however when converted to GBP (which given the fact you were talking about VAT lead me to believe you were UK based) the 10$ comes out at the above figure.

Eh i thought to fix the VAT it was $40?

p.s the slip me the code wasn't meant to be taken seriously. No offence meant.

Tim

Guest walmarc

Actually, just seen Estelle does a couple of tax mods to display VAT correctly in UK stores, but i resent paying $40 for the privledge.

Anyone else know how to do it or wants to slip me the code ? :blink:

Just change every refererence in the lang.inc.php from 'total_tax' => "Total Tax:", to 'total_tax' => "Total VAT:", + every ref to 'tax' => "Tax", to 'tax' => "VAT",. There may be other alterations in the .tpl files but by changing the output text you should achieve your goal.

My issue is the incompatibility of CC with a subdomain. I have a store installed at store.mydomain.com. The same subdomain has an SSL certificate (not shared) and the domain has a dedicated IP. Whenever I enable SSL in CC admin the cart empties and the user logs out whenever you checkout. Try to log in again and it says you already are and you can again see login details! But try to checkout and there is an endless loop wherein the cart is empty again.

Disable ssl and it works again (apart from the bug with firefox which also presents you with an empty cart at checkout if the print order form is selected). I could try a clean install to the public_html directory rather than the subdomain but had expected the ssl to work and had already purchased it for the subdomain alone.

I've located a post that says to do a clean install to https://store.yourdomain.com (but don't enable ssl in admin), but the latest download of cc3.0.8 won't create a database. Fantastico's install works everytime (but I expect the latest download has newer code). I am at a crossroads. I have paid for copyright removal and numerous mods and the damn cart is so full of bugs when you get down to the finer details to go live (forget the testing - it works for that) that you experience loss of 3 weeks work and negligiblel author support (apart from the forums which are excellent).

So the questions are:

Can the basic bugs be fixed quickly? (Print Order Form, SSL subdomain?) What timing for this?

Can I get a refund on my Copyright removal fee given the basic flaws in this cart even though it says they don't do that 'cause you can test it - excuse me, who buys an ssl cert to test an installation? (I'll wear the mods as a loss)?

While no-one can compensate my time and effort in putting up a CC site, others should be made aware of the limitations of and bugs in this software before paying a copyright removal fee. Oscommerce or a commercial solution is perhaps a better alternative if people want a store that truly works.

I feel sure CC will eventually get their act together. Until then, it is a travesty that we are being charged for copyright removal of software that has substantial basic flaws. <rant> my rant in extreme frustration </rant> :innocent:

HI back from a busy day

WOW this posting has been busy.

Redbak the Vat modual is very goos and works and the $10 is a small amount to pay as it will solve your UK vat problem in an instant.

Their are 2 types so if you do buy from Estelle just email and check with her which one you want .

Nice try with aking to post the code but with due respect as i am sure you know they have worked hard on the mods and that little price is a smalll one to pay how ever i do understand where your coming from and 10/10 for trying;)

I solved mine from a friend of a friend who does some php programing and he sorted it for me as a favour.

How ever i am still puzzeled as to why this has not been sorted as an update or free mod for those that are not prepared to pay for it as it is a Vital part of a shopping cart.

but to work for me again untill maybe another problem comes about :innocent: :blink: