UK Only - How to setup

Noodleman

I need to make sure all of my customers, are only from the UK.

I currently sort out my shipping by using "Free Shipping".

I recently had an order from ireland, which cost me £13 to send, instead of the usual £2.50 so I REALLY need to make sure all my customres are uk mainland only.

how can i do this?

Thanks.

Guest Brivtech

- One way is to restrict the currencies - By default, Euros, US$ and GB£ are selected. In the Admin control panel, under currencies, you can deselect the ones you don't want.

This may deter people from ordering, although, may not prevent them. A disclaimer in the shipping section may be a good idea telling customer that you ship to the UK only. You could do that in the Terms & Conditions to cover yourself, or even add a site document called shipping information to specifically tell people.

- The other way to restrict orders to the UK is in the Admin control panel, to delete all the countries that are not where you want to ship to. That way, your customers won't have the option of selecting a country you don't want to service. You customer from Ireland won't be able to enter their address correctly because Ireland wouldn't be listed. Then if they tried to cheat the system by entering in their address and putting Ireland as the town for instance, you would be able to respond with a polite message telling them you don't ship to their address, and refer them to the shipping information. That way you won't have complaining customers.

Finally, if you didn't ship to Northern Ireland, but to mainland Britain, you could go into the country settings and change UK to Mainland Britain. Problem solved! ;)

If you want to ship away from the UK but don't want to get stuck with increased shipping charges, you could add in additional shipping options with the extra charges. That way you're not losing out on the business and still making your normal profits.

Thanks for the information, I will delete the other locations for now, that will solve a lot of problems for me :)

Thanks for the info, lots there to consider :)

Noodle.

- One way is to restrict the currencies - By default, Euros, US$ and GB£ are selected. In the Admin control panel, under currencies, you can deselect the ones you don't want.

This may deter people from ordering, although, may not prevent them. A disclaimer in the shipping section may be a good idea telling customer that you ship to the UK only. You could do that in the Terms & Conditions to cover yourself, or even add a site document called shipping information to specifically tell people.

- The other way to restrict orders to the UK is in the Admin control panel, to delete all the countries that are not where you want to ship to. That way, your customers won't have the option of selecting a country you don't want to service. You customer from Ireland won't be able to enter their address correctly because Ireland wouldn't be listed. Then if they tried to cheat the system by entering in their address and putting Ireland as the town for instance, you would be able to respond with a polite message telling them you don't ship to their address, and refer them to the shipping information. That way you won't have complaining customers.

Finally, if you didn't ship to Northern Ireland, but to mainland Britain, you could go into the country settings and change UK to Mainland Britain. Problem solved! ;)

If you want to ship away from the UK but don't want to get stuck with increased shipping charges, you could add in additional shipping options with the extra charges. That way you're not losing out on the business and still making your normal profits.