Best CMS to integrate with V3?

Dodgebill

I'm starting a new site and want to use a CMS as the backbone. I know I want to use Cubecart with it but what program is best for this? XOOPS is one I've looked at and obviously PHPNuke and CPGNuke. Any good ones that work with SMF, Coppermine and Cubecart? My PHP and MySQL skills are in the "lucky novice" stage. I'm lucky if I don't mess it all up!

Thanks in advance

BC

I'm starting a new site and want to use a CMS as the backbone. I know I want to use Cubecart with it but what program is best for this? XOOPS is one I've looked at and obviously PHPNuke and CPGNuke. Any good ones that work with SMF, Coppermine and Cubecart? My PHP and MySQL skills are in the "lucky novice" stage. I'm lucky if I don't mess it all up!

Thanks in advance

BC

Joomla. There is also an e-commerce front end called VirtueMart. You can see it here

Guest brosville

I've tried ALL of the cms's available, Joomla, Xoops, Drupal, Mambo (which has got to be a mickey take!- it's SOOOOOOO bad!), the Nukes - they are all sadly lacking - after two days concerted work, anything you build with them looks like "one of theirs", and not your own. IMHO there is only one CMS worth using, and that's E107 - it works extremely well, and is very intuitive - good support, I've used it to build several sites - http://chiddingly.org.uk, http://chiddingly.co.uk, http://farmco.co.uk, http://solarwind.org.uk, http://camcentre.co.uk/hps .......etc.......it's very configurable, and there's loads of skins and plugins available! You'd never guess I'm a fan! :)

Guest gwizard

I just spent 2 hours playing with MODx.

Damn annoying little biatch.

I now hit delete on my FTP profram never to install it again.

I just spent 2 hours playing with MODx.

Damn annoying little biatch.

I now hit delete on my FTP profram never to install it again.

Try Etomite, the forerunner. MODx was a branch of Etomite, which has grown much faster. It's more established, and easier to use for beginners.

Don't know about compatability login wise etc, but i have a site based around phpbb, but with lots of static html thrown in as well as some other scripts.

Im just launching a cc store on there & apart from a couple of tweaks managed to make the skin exactly the same as my other sections. You really wouldn't know they were seperate scripts, not finished yet so i won't post a link yet, but just thought id point out how good the templating system on cc is, im an amateur & it only took me a couple of hours!

Guest gwizard

Etomite looks nice, but my problem is I need Hebrew support which means not only translating, but also attending to all the ltr->rtl issues. Hebrew is rtl lang. Unfortunately.

Trying to upload CPGNuke now.

They have half working hebrew support and they tented to all the rtl issues which is much more important.

Tried e107 earlier, even translated it fully, but for some reason it didn't change the strings.

Weird. :)

Thanks for all the replies! Robsta, that is a great site! Very talented and it shows.

The reason I was looking at Xoops was they are working on a automated email system that lets people sign up for a [email protected] email. My site will be www.moparforever.com and I already have had a million requests for a @moparforever.com email.

I have a standalone email script that I can "Bolt-on" to whatever I use. It's just nice to have integration. Cubecart, the photo gallery and SMF are the big ones for me. Those all have to share a user list.

I'll start playing with all the programs mentioned and see what works best. Any others to look at?

Thanks for all your help

Bill Cooke

• 5 months later...

For the past year+, I've used Seditio, which uses the same XTemplate engine that CubeCart uses. You can practically use the same skins with it as you do with CubeCart.

Over the past few weeks, I started looking around for a better solution, something that had a WYSIWYG editor and maybe more. I stumbled on Drupal and think this really could be a good move for me.

I've been involved with CMSs for over 2 years and I've tried several, including the nukes, and I have to say that if you spend time developing your own themes for them, you can get any of them to look however you want them to look. All it takes is doing a little work and developing a custom template for whichever pieces you want to change.

Of course, some are easier to skin than others. Drupal's certainly not the easiest to skin, but it is perhaps one of the most flexible in many ways.

Now, I have to decide whether to hire someone to integrate the user tables between these, or see if Drupal's Ecommerce system can serve my needs.

If anyone can do the integration, PM me.

Hey Robsta

Your current site at Inspired Solutions looks great. Which CMS are you currently using MODx or Etomite?

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words.... I use MODx. I've finally got round to working on a replacement for the site that is currently there.... and believe me it will knock your socks off! Estimated change over is the beginning of September, if I can add the new content in time!

You won't know which you're on unless you look at the address bar :)

• 3 weeks later...