Are they worth it?

Noodleman

depends what way you look at it

u try urself 2 get extar traffic and generate say 10 customers?

each customer makes £10 profit so you make £100 profit for your hard work

or sign up affiliate program

100 sites sign up on your scheme

each one of the send 10 customers to your site generating £10 profit

100 sites x 10 customers = 1000 customers

1000 customers x £10 profit = £10,000 profit

u pay out good % amount say 20% that equals £2000

£10,000 profit - £2000 affilate payout = £8,000 ta da do the math

• 5 months later...
Guest start

Hi there,

Please could you let me know if anyone is using this with cubecart?

We want to run our own (small..) affiliate network for an arts website and need to keep the costs down.

Our credit card processor is Velocity Pay:

www.velocitypay.co.uk/

Many thanks, Alastair.

• 6 months later...

i have a lawnmower parts and chainsaw parts and so on store would it be worth getting a affiliate program on there how does it work anyhow what is a affiliate program ?

which one will be the best one if it will work another question how do i get my store removed from the database on live stores on main page of cube cart cause i am having spammers from russia and other countries going on my site and going to my forum site and trying to spam that forum site please let me know thanks

Could you advertise for affiliates and if you get any take-up from serious people look into it then?

From what I've seen, affiliate schemes work well when you're selling a popular product. In your case, what sites/blogs would people place your links on? Could you be a bit proactive and ask complimentary sites if they would be interested?

I'd be surprised if your spammers are finding you from the Live Sites link. You may get a few "test orders" which are annoying, but nothing more.

You can restrict access to your site(s) by IP range. If you check your logs and the spammers mainly from the same IP range this would give good results.

Obviously, this assumes they are casual spammers - if you're being targeted by determined individuals, they can always get to your site via a proxy.

You should also be able to tighten security on your forum - are you using the latest version and applied any bug/security fixes?

Jason

An affiliate program is a way of hiring online salespeople to promote your products.

In the offline world, businesses hire salespeople to acquire new customers, especially in situations where the store isn't visible from current traffic flows (drive-by traffic and foot traffic).

Alternately, businesses pay for advertising to attract attention. This can be a flat fee for a service, or is sometimes paid on a "per inquiry" or "per sale" basis.

Either way, businesses pay other people to help them bring customers into the door.

In the online world, the same is true. You can either pay for ads to bring prospects into your store, or pay affiliates to do the promoting for you.

Obviously, there are other choices. SEO works for many people, but will only get you so far, especially if you're in a highly competitive market. Submitting articles works great for me and a lot of others, but then I'm a writer and I sell information, so these are my "free samples".

My affiliate program brings in a healthy flow of traffic, although most of that traffic is brought in by a very small percentage of affiliates. Out of about 95 affiliates, only 4 bring in any real results. This is normal from what I hear.

Affiliate programs do work for those who use them, but they do require an investment of time and resources to build. You have to give potential affiliates a good reason to promote your products, and you also have to communicate to them on a regular basis to keep them "in the loop" on your promotions and upcoming events, like sales, new products, etc.

There are times when I wonder if the results were worth the investment and whether I'd have been better off using that time and money to pay for more regular advertising. Other times I understand that it's just part of the process of gaining visibility online and helping others on the pathway of internet marketing.

Overall, if I had to start all over again I'd set up another affiliate program. It's just too useful to ignore.

As far as which one to use, you have 2 basic choices - either an in-house system or a 3rd party system like Commission Junction or Link Share.

With the 3rd party systems, you generally have to pay a HUGE upfront fee to join their network, but you get the benefit of implied credibility to their army of affiliates.

With an in-house system, you have to establish your credibility with potential affiliates, which slows down the building of an affiliate team, but you can do it much cheaper. My choice of software here is Post Affiliate Pro, but there are others that are also good.

Could you advertise for affiliates and if you get any take-up from serious people look into it then?

From what I've seen, affiliate schemes work well when you're selling a popular product. In your case, what sites/blogs would people place your links on? Could you be a bit proactive and ask complimentary sites if they would be interested?

I'd be surprised if your spammers are finding you from the Live Sites link. You may get a few "test orders" which are annoying, but nothing more.

You can restrict access to your site(s) by IP range. If you check your logs and the spammers mainly from the same IP range this would give good results.

Obviously, this assumes they are casual spammers - if you're being targeted by determined individuals, they can always get to your site via a proxy.

You should also be able to tighten security on your forum - are you using the latest version and applied any bug/security fixes?

Jason

how do i do that on the restrict ? now the logs where do i check them at cc admin or on the servver c panel yes on the phpbb forum im using the current version cause it says no update required