leaving site on checkout process

Guest loren antolik

Guest loren antolik

okay, i have just finished setting up my store and the payment processing stuff. i am using authorize.net and i did a test transaction through my store. i noticed that after i select the payment type (credit card) that i am taken away from my domain and to the authorize.net domain. this in not really desirable. i would like all pages to be on my domain because i want to maintain my store's appearance throughout the entire checkout process. does anyone have any insight as to whether this is just an issue with test mode, or will this be the process for all orders on my site? is there any way to work around this??

okay, i have just finished setting up my store and the payment processing stuff. i am using authorize.net and i did a test transaction through my store. i noticed that after i select the payment type (credit card) that i am taken away from my domain and to the authorize.net domain. this in not really desirable. i would like all pages to be on my domain because i want to maintain my store's appearance throughout the entire checkout process. does anyone have any insight as to whether this is just an issue with test mode, or will this be the process for all orders on my site? is there any way to work around this??

Authorize.net will let you do a little dressing up of your transaction input page, but not much. You can customize the header and footer with limited code. I just put references to the top and bottom page graphics from my store home page and matched the background color so it looks similar enough.

You have to leave your domain to go to their site as they are your secure payment gateway. That's the whole point of it. Since the customer is returned to your store on submitting the purchase (if you have it set up correctly), it's not that big a deal.

In the case of vanity vs. security, it's a good trade-off. By the time your customers are on Authorize.net, the purpose of your store has been achieved. Do what you can to the Authorize.net page and then put your energy into the store itself. The Authorize.net page REALLY won't matter if no one is enticed enough by your store, products, and presentation to want to go that far.

Guest loren antolik

ahhh. thank you for your help. i agree that security does come before vanity, and by that point the sale has already pretty much been made.

i remember working with a shopping cart, storefront 6.0, where all the pages were within the store's domain, and the credit card pages were secure. i guess cubecart isn't setup like that though.

Guest JABevan

This is really strange to me. I've used Authorize.net a number of times before for mail order and web hosting processing using OSCommerce, Ensim, and H-Sphere, and have never had the transaction process leave my site. My site always collected the info and sent it to Authorize.net for approval. Why is CubeCart different???

Guest loren antolik

i don't know. the process of sending credit card info to the processor is pretty much just a request and the request is replied with the results. as far as i know this can all be done behind the scenes when 'place order' is selected. why cubecart takes you to the processors credit card info collection page could be a matter of simplicity on the cubecart designers part.

This has to do with the way CubeCart processes the transaction. CubeCart is using WebLink, which is being completely discontinued soon, instead of the recommended methods.

You can read additional information here:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=17286

Actually CubeCart Uses SIM thats why it makes use of the SimLib

NOT weblink

CubeCart needs to get with the 21st century and code in the payment screen for authorize.net store owners

who use authorize.net and want to use AIM MUST BE ON SSL....

otherwise they should be able to select SIM as their auth net payment processing choice

so give US the choice brooky wheres our AIM?

Guest JABevan

This has to do with the way CubeCart processes the transaction. CubeCart is using WebLink, which is being completely discontinued soon, instead of the recommended methods.

You can read additional information here:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=17286

Actually CubeCart Uses SIM thats why it makes use of the SimLib

NOT weblink

CubeCart needs to get with the 21st century and code in the payment screen for authorize.net store owners

who use authorize.net and want to use AIM MUST BE ON SSL....

otherwise they should be able to select SIM as their auth net payment processing choice

so give US the choice brooky wheres our AIM?

Are you sure? I was under the impression that SIM keeps the customer in the shop, like AIM, without having to go to Authorize.net for payment processing.

In any case, I believe Authorize.net states that they will be discontinuing SIM too it's just not as imminent as WebLink...

I obviously agree though, we need AIM!

Guest JABevan

Also in reference to KirkM's response, this is not a secure way of transacting. Authorize.net has warnings about the insecurity all over their site.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm...

So I'm about to go live with a site that uses Authorize.Net as the gateway. Should I be concerned? Anyone know the status of an AIM gateway script?

Or alternatively if we should just get a new payment gateway before going live, which do people recommend for a US store with only a few hundred dollars of sales per month (preferably one that doesn't leave our domain to process the cards)?