US Bank Account

Guest rosdi

• 2 weeks later...

Guest Brenty

Any tips of opening US Bank Account by foreigner like me.

Yes, don't!

Instead, open a $ account at your local international bank. Then you can trade in $'s, without the headaches of having an actual US bank account.

Guest rosdi

Actually, I have started using PayPal as payment gateway but I can't withdraw/transfer fund to my local bank due to PayPal limitation. I'm from Malaysia.

That is why I need to open US Bank Account.

Any further comments, please?

Guest gwizard

Welcome to the club, I have the same situation only I am from Israel.

Been looking into opening an US account and found several banks that offer that possibility.

Try Barclays, they seem to be the cheapest.

Guest degsey69

It is very hard to open up a US bank account to non resident, non US citizens.

This has happened since 9/11 and the Patriots Act implementation.

Basicaly if you are not a US citizeb or permanent resident of the US it is very hard to open an account.

The previous advice is the best, open up a US dollar account with your bank if you want to trade in them on the net :w00t:

• 1 month later...
Guest valencia

I just found out about a bank account for Non-US residents. Legit, large company, solid financial base. Many offer the info from this bank from as much as $29.99 (glad I didn't pay for it :rolleyes: ).

I am in Jamaica and the same paypal issue. I have a local USD account but cheques drawn to it takes 6 weeks to clear. Ain't working for me. I just called etrade and spoke to customer service who are courteous, and helpful.

Visa ATM Debit Card (used intenationally up to $500 per day withdraw)

Requirement:

Fill out Form

Copy Of PAssport

W8 for ( for IRS- to avoid paying tax as an international resident)

Am I swearing for them, nope, just applying myself but spoke to some who have done the process. The least you can do is check it out. Initial deposit $100 after account is confirmed opened. Minimum balance $100.

Guest Brivtech

Let me re-iterate what Brenty said:

- You need a bank account that is for US$.

- You do not actually need a US-based account for this. What you do need is a US$ account.

- Many local banks offer a US$ account - ask your existing bank, they should be able to help you.

So when you ask your local bank, don't tell them a US account, tell them a US$ account.

As Gwizard mentioned, Barclays, but there's also all the major banks who offer $ accounts, such as HSBC, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, Citibank, and here in the UK, Lloyds TSB, and Natwest. They all have websites and point of contact.

I have both US$ and Euro accounts, and have done this through my local bank.

Also, I use a currency that trades money for my currency transfers. They give a better rate than standard bank currency transfer rates, and that's after their comission.

Guest gwizard

Actually you misunderstood.

What he meant is that PayPal will only work with US-based bank account and not one in Jamaica (or Israel).

Recently I had found a temp solution, www.csecurity.net

They will allow you to withdraw from paypal and transfer to bank in every country.

Costs quite a bit!, but worth it. For me.

Guest Brivtech

Actually you misunderstood.

What he meant is that PayPal will only work with US-based bank account and not one in Jamaica (or Israel).

Recently I had found a temp solution, www.csecurity.net

They will allow you to withdraw from paypal and transfer to bank in every country.

Costs quite a bit!, but worth it. For me.

Hmmmm, that paypal message didn't come through with me. Well spotted.

I'm interested to know: Do PayPal accept other currencies (For the purposes of this topic), or just $US?

Guest valencia

When you live in certain countries, you cannot draw currency straight to your local US$ account. It has to be by cheque.

That is the only option given by PAypal unless you have a US$ based bank account. I also cannot open a Ebay or Amazon sellers account because I do not have a US$ US based bank account.

My local international linked banks also do not offer the option of having a US bank account through them either. This situation is quite a bummer for those of us who live outside certain countries :rolleyes:

Guest valencia

When you live in certain countries, you cannot draw currency straight to your local US$ account. It has to be by cheque.

That is the only option given by PAypal unless you have a US$ based bank account. I also cannot open a Ebay or Amazon sellers account because I do not have a US$ US based bank account.

My local international linked banks also do not offer the option of having a US bank account through them either. This situation is quite a bummer for those of us who live outside certain countries :D

Well they certainly do not hold jamaican dollars as a currency :D (third world country and all! :rolleyes: )

They do allow some other non-us currencies I believe. I can accept other currencies but for my country and others it is converted to UD dollars. Some countries like those with german franc ( I believe), can draw to their account in their currency

• 1 year later...
Guest Nanflexal

US Bank Account for non Resident

Free Checking

- No direct deposit required

- No monthly maintenance fees

- No minimum balances

- Free Internet Banking and Bill Pay!

- Free RecordCheck

- Debit Card

- Free 24/7 telephone banking

No initial deposit, No Visa Debit Card Application fee. Just mail your application. That's it.

Identification Documents

- Copy of Passport

- Copy of National Identity Card -(Driver's licenses/birth certificates)

or

- Copy of Drivers License (with photograph)

Address Documents

- Utility Bill (e.g. electricity, gas or water bill, or tax bill)

- Bank / Credit Cards Statement or a letter of bank reference is a required for nongroup customers

or

- Lease Contract

Visit this link for more info:

<Link deleted due to forum advertising rules>

Thanks

@ Nanflexal

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Algstors

Any tips of opening US Bank Account by foreigner like me.

hi,

you can try this website: <Link removed due to forum advertising rules>

they offering bank accounts opening in a varios countries for non resident and the US one of them

Frankly I didn't try thier US bank account info , but I bough both thier swiss and UK bank info and I seccesfuly opened these accounts.

I've talked with them asking about what I can open using thier us bank account and this is thier respond.

you can open a real US account using our Guides ,like checking, saving;CDA...ect without needing all of this documents and opening process .

you will learn how to open a varios bank accounts such as a free checking account with no monthly fees and no minimum deposit and with a debit card and a check book and free domistic and international wire transfer and 1$ initial deposit without SSN Number or US mailing Address. and this account can be opened in any state that you desire too! and all waht you need is a two ID copies (e.g passport,national ID....ect)

so if you have any bad or good experionces with them orif there is any suggestion to open an account , I will be pleased to hear from you :)