MPC Direct

Guest degsey69

Well the site has been up and running for a few weeks now and is doing well on sales.

I am concentrating now on search engine optimization to generate more traffic.

http://www.mpc-direct.com

What do you think of it so far. :D

Nice and simple design, but a little wide on the front page for lower resolutions. You have a lot of white space in amongst the middle column so the front page could easily be adapted. :P

Good work. :D

Guest chantesse

Well the site has been up .... What do you think of it so far. :D

I like the use of subcategories, must show the missus as we didn't use them on our 1st and new site.

Regarding SEO: There is a (free) mod out there which improves matters. For example, your category links do not have any searchable words in them which Google is sensitive to. Have a look at Ebay within site search results to see their crafty use of link path names. I plan to look at this mod in more detail soon.

Might even be buying a graphics card from you!

Cheers

Nigel

Guest degsey69

Well the site has been up .... What do you think of it so far. :)

I like the use of subcategories, must show the missus as we didn't use them on our 1st and new site.

Regarding SEO: There is a (free) mod out there which improves matters. For example, your category links do not have any searchable words in them which Google is sensitive to. Have a look at Ebay within site search results to see their crafty use of link path names. I plan to look at this mod in more detail soon.

Might even be buying a graphics card from you!

Cheers

Nigel

Thanks guys for the feed back.

I cannot use the seo mod because the site is ver 3.04 and I can not get the mod for this version. I have manualy done all the security patches and the site works well. Also there is a lot of admin mods which would require a lot of work to upgrade to latest version. My motto is if its not broken dont mend it.

To compensate for the seo mod I have registered the site with google and generated a site map using the site map generators and change it every week. Since I have done this I am finding my links from google are increasing.

If anybody has the ver 3.04 seo mod I would love to get a copy of it!

Thanks again

Derek :D