3 sites for consideration

sleepyfrog

3 recent sites for nitpicking!
I can nit pick :D with the best intentions of course :D
Quite nice, a little too much white for me. And doesn't work on lower screen resolutions, the right side boxes drop off the bottom.
This is my favourite of the three, I really like the header. Again doesn't work on lower screen resolutions as the right side boxes drops off the bottom. The thumb nails are a little too big too. I love the category titles.
Nice and simple design, same resolution issues. Thumbnails too big, and I would also say that the text size on this site is way too big in places. There are no mouse over changes on the side boxes including the menu, which I think there should be.

Nice sites, but the page width should be address on all three in my opinion. You may think a good minimum screen resolution is 1024x768 is good now, however on larger resolution screens people are more enclined to not maximise their windows. Therefore browsers are still using close to 800 width, I do. So the result is that the right side boxes are never visible unless you scroll right to the bottom of the page.

Nit picking over (you did ask :P ), a really nice attempt... keep up the good work. :D

I second both these gentlemen - That is to say, I agree with Robsta's criticisms, but like Roban, I liked the first site most of all.

I strongly detest the use of animated images in general, but I have to say that I did not find yours annoying, I found them endearing, and though I'm sure it means little to you, for me that is saying alot. I would have to say that yours is the first website I've ever endorsed the use of animated images on in the layout.

I strongly detest the use of animated images in general, but I have to say that I did not find yours annoying, I found them endearing, and though I'm sure it means little to you, for me that is saying alot. I would have to say that yours is the first website I've ever endorsed the use of animated images on in the layout.

I agree about animated stuff, as it annoys me as well, but these were just so cute!

Thanks for the comments from all three of you - I'm just working on a couple of more sites at the moment and the Sunlabs and TV Shopping one are both finished as per the client - but I will definately take on board the suggestions for my own one.

I did like the animation on the sleepy frog site... (forgot to mention it before). I agree with Mark in that animation (especially flash) often serves no benefit to improve the visitor experience.

But your little animations, because they're not "in your face" and not constantly moving, it works very well to compliment it.

I still prefer the tanning site, purely because it looks more visually appealing to me.

Just thought I'd follow up. :w00t: