Now that I have bought the License Can I?

Guest Olivia3310

Guest Olivia3310

Now that i bought the License from Cubecart, Is there a way to put my Infornation where Cubecarts use to be across the bottom? thank you In advance.

Guest vrakas

Go to \skins\yourskin\styleTemplates\global\index.TPL

after site docs add:

<font size="-1"><Your text></a></font></div>

or something similar

Try the search also, this has been answered many times :w00t:

PS: Check my latest post further down for a complete tutorial, rush rush i made a mistake LOL

Guest Olivia3310

Thank you. I get as far as the Index but when i open that and try to type on that page it does not allow me?

Here is a screen shot

SEARCH_FORM} {SESSION}

{CATEGORIES} {SHOPPING_CART} {INFORMATION} {CURRENCY} {LANGUAGE} {PAGE_CONTENT} {RANDOM_PROD} {POPULAR_PRODUCTS} {SALE_ITEMS} {MAIL_LIST}

{SITE_DOCS}

When i try to type next to {SITE_DOCS} It does not let me? Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, you are opening that page with a web browser or wysiwyg editor - you need to open it in a text editor, and edit the text of the code. Notepad will work, i you don't have a better text editor (or "source code editor" in a wysiwyg program).

Please note that this code:

<font size="-1"><Your text></a></font></div>

is incomplete - it has a closing anchor tag for link, and a closing division tag, but no opening tags for those. To Olivia, I'd suggest that you should post exactly what information you want down there, and whether or not you'd want a link in it, and I can give you the exact code you need :huh:

vrakas & MarkCarts gave you great tips, however the simplest way is to use UNLICENSED CubeCart code, just add following code before </body> in:

skins/<your skin name>/styleTemplates/content/global/index.tpl

<div class='txtCopyright'>Copyright YOUR SITE/NAME</div>

Replace YOUR SITE/NAME with your own desidered text :huh:

Guest vrakas

Thanks Convict, simple and practical as ususal :rolly:

and to complete my post and make this sort of a tutorilal here is the instructions and the whole code needed :huh:

Find under \skins\TheSkinNameYouUse\styleTemplates\global\index.tpl

Edit this file (index.tpl) with an editor such as Notepad (it comes with Windows) or get Crimson Editor its free and very good.

Look for: site docs and after the second div add the following:

<font size="-1"><div align="center"><i><b>Copyright 2006 designed by </b></i><a href="http://www.YOUR DOMAIN URL"><i><b>Name of your site or text you want to appear</b></i></a></font></div>

Also, if your content is enclosed in a table, you might want to add a row within your existing layout table for the footer. e.g. if you have a 3 column layout, there should be a </table> before the very last </div>, then *above* the </table> add these lines:

<tr><td colspan="3">

YOUR FOOTER CONTENT

</td></tr>

I think this concludes the whole section / tutorial on how to add a copyright to your footer with an active hyperlink, not a bad tutorial hey? :huh:

Also added here

Here are some more links:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Guest Olivia3310

Ok, thank you again everyone. However I am totally confused when it comes to editing the Index tpl page. How do you edit this page In notepad? I can't figure out how to even open this page with notepad?

Guest vrakas

You need an FTP program such as ws-ftp to connect to your site in order to download the file to your PC.

After you have it there you can then edit it as described above and then upload the edited file back to your site.

Please note also that some hosting companys have a file manager that allows you to do this but i would not suggest this, unless you are 100% sure on what you are doing :)

Hope this helps :w00t:

• 6 months later...

Hi, thanks for the nice tutorial. But I realise that when I go to "View Basket", the copyrite link disappear. And all through the checkout process the copyright link is not there.

Do I need to add it on another file? Is it the "Viewcart.tpl" file? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Scorpion

Hi, thanks for the nice tutorial. But I realise that when I go to "View Basket", the copyrite link disappear. And all through the checkout process the copyright link is not there.

You need to add it to cart.tpl aswell now viewcart.tpl

• 2 months later...

You need to add it to cart.tpl aswell now viewcart.tpl

hi everyone i been reading this and im not that experienced in these codes and all and can use someones 1/1 help on the issue how to place a copyright to where it works everywhere

thanks look forward to hearing from someone

Guest Meow Meow

Be not afraid.... :) It's fairly simple.

Always backup your files before making any changes!

1. Open - skins\your skin\styleTemplates\global\index.tpl in your NotePad, add the following code before </body> (as Convict said):

CODE<div class='txtCopyright'>Copyright YOUR SITE/NAME</div>

2. Open - skins\your skin\styleTemplates\global\cart.tpl in your NotePad, add the following code before </body> (as Convict said):

If you still have problem, let me know.

Be not afraid.... :sourcerer: It's fairly simple.

Always backup your files before making any changes!

1. Open - skins\your skin\styleTemplates\global\index.tpl in your NotePad, add the following code before </body> (as Convict said):

2. Open - skins\your skin\styleTemplates\global\cart.tpl in your NotePad, add the following code before </body> (as Convict said):

If you still have problem, let me know.

hi meow meow i am having a problem still i got the copyright figured out its the color i cant figure out please help on this all i get is gray color i want a color that will be visable with the color of the forum background here thanks

Guest Meow Meow

The color of copyright text is controlled within skins/your skin/styleSheets/style.css.

Locate this block in style.css:

.txtCopyright, a.txtCopyright {

text-align: center;

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

padding-top: 5px;

color: #BFCCC7;

}

then change the color to your desired color.

• 3 weeks later...

The color of copyright text is controlled within skins/your skin/styleSheets/style.css.

}

i tried this and my copywrite still comes out at

TEXT = Black

and any links in the copywrite section are BLUE

• 4 months later...
Guest arnotts7

}

i tried this and my copywrite still comes out at

TEXT = Black

and any links in the copywrite section are BLUE

Same problem here! am still looking for a solution. I have moved my new copyright notice up above the 2nd div within the index.tpl file, and now it is displayed within the whit border. not axactly where i wanted it but at least it can now be seen, since tha background is white.

• 6 months later...
Guest AdamnSmith

I put:

<div class='txtCopyright'>Copyright © 2008 designed by <a href="http://www.MY URL.com">MY COMPANY NAME</a>.</div>

But I want to know how to change the color of the link text. The default blue is an eye-sore on my site!

Any help?

Guest AdamnSmith

I put:

<div class='txtCopyright'>Copyright © 2008 designed by <a href="http://www.MY URL.com">MY COMPANY NAME</a>.</div>

But I want to know how to change the color of the link text. The default blue is an eye-sore on my site!

Any help?

:D :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

The easiest way to change the colour is to add these bits in:

<div class='txtCopyright'>Copyright © 2008 designed by <a href="http://www.MYURL.com"><font color="#333333">MY COMPANY NAME</font></a>.</div>

But you can change the <font color="#333333"> bit to any colour you want obviously. This is a good website for looking up colour codes if you need them. Hope that helps!