Purchasing license keys

Guest Puppy

Guest Puppy

Hello :)

Just a really quick question. I am wanting to purchase a license key. It states that the price is per domain but I have 3 stores on the same domain (separated to simplify shipping options, but is still ultimately the same store). Can I just purchase the one key for the three stores or do I need to purchase three separate keys? Thank you in advance! :w00t:

Kindest Regards,

Puppy

License keys are per store/domain

so eg

a store on www.yourdomain.com = 1 license

and then on www.yourdomain.com/shop = would require another license as the urls are different.

hope that clears it up

Guest estelle

You're kidding me? Wow, i never knew that. On the CC homepage it says "To edit or remove our copyright we charge $69.95 per domain and you will be issued with a License Key." LOL, i thought it was obviously per domain, not per installation.

Guest Brivtech

You're kidding me? Wow, i never knew that. On the CC homepage it says "To edit or remove our copyright we charge $69.95 per domain and you will be issued with a License Key." LOL, i thought it was obviously per domain, not per installation.

Estelle is right, it does indeed say that, but all indications in the support forums are against it.

Technically, subdomains would be covered by the wording on the CC home page also.

Someone had better change this for legal reasons, and clarify the exact position. There is too much contradiction, and should CubeCart wish to prosecute someone for running a shop with copyright removed, they'll have problems building a suitable case against the offender on this basis.

I'm sure it's wrapped up in the terms and conditions somewhere, but should be tidied up where it is advertised as well, because also, this could become a Trading Standards issue is someone wanted to really push it.

Guest Puppy

This is what I thought as well, as that's what it clearly states, but thanks for clearing that up! :D

Hello folks. This is a common mistake and if you read our license agreement it makes it clear:

LICENSE KEY USAGE

Upon purchase of a license key you are permitted to remove the aforementioned proprietary notices. A single license key must be used for each domain and may not be used more than once. By agreeing to this license agreement you understand that an individual domain is a single store install by the dictionary definition "A territory over which rule or control is exercised". To prevent confusion you may not use a license key to remove copyright on unlimited store installs on one website domain.

We will reset a license key to be reused if a fresh installation is required of the same store or you wish to transfer it to a new store terminating the current store. We reserve the right to refuse the reset of a license key at any time for any reason.

I hope that helps. A license key must only be used on one store install.

If you wish to use multiple internet website domains for one store, we recommend pointing them all to the same store and only one license key is required. :D

Guest umicom

Yeah

I was about to make several installation then I read the license agreement a couple of weeks back and found out its per store, so I did something innovative modified the skin selector to be store selector

so basically one site is a multistore site, each skin would have a unique logo and a simple condition in the category.inc.php file to only show the relevant categories for the selected skin ( store )

I hope this helps.

Milos the convict sells the skin selector mod once you get that the rest is easy. If you need me to do it for you, Once you own the mod I can modify it for you for 50% of the cost of the mod

:D