blossom

Guest strawberryfusion

Guest strawberryfusion

Hi,

We have just completed a Cubecart store for a client. Just wanted to show what is possible with it if anyone needed inspiration. Not everything of the final design survived as the client is finding it difficult to take the product photographs on a white background. For now they are just taken on a coloured background, so we had to make some changes to the design. Hope you all enjoy it, it was fun building it.

Blossom Design

Regards

rajiv

Guest gwizard

Well,

Nice and unusual desing, but I encountered some problems.

In FF(1.0.7) I see Shopping Basket overlap the header, text almost everywhere overlap other areas, etc.

In IE (6) the cat menu, shopping basket and mail list is BELOW all the rest of the page.

I am thinking too much DIV :)

Guest strawberryfusion

Hi,

Thanks - I will take a look at it and fix it. Site was checked across most browsers including IE and FF. We use sitevista for testing - strange it did not show these problems?

Regards

rajiv

You should also always also test with real browsers. :)

Nice colourful site, I also have the problem with the right column dropping to the bottom of the page in IE. This is only on the front page of the store. Probably to do with padding.

On 800x600 resolution screens the site is too wide, the main content is a little too low, and the text on some pages is too big in my opinion.

Generally a very nice simple design to the site. Good work. :^^:

Guest strawberryfusion

Hi Robsta,

Sitevista uses real browsers to do the testing but looks like something went wrong somewhere. We also have someone with IE on a PC who tests sites for us but he said everything was fine. Probably with us, it could be when we made some changes after the image problems, we introduced some bugs! :) We have a machine with IE 6 and it looks OK on this machine but Sitevista still shows a problem, it seems to me like a caching isssue because it is showing a old header image. Does the main store page look OK now?

Many thanks

rajiv

Guest Kirsteno

strawberryfusion,

I love the design and the colors are terrific. I did encounter some display problems in FF (Mac.) I've attached a screen capture so you can see. There is a little white bracket in the pink header and the product image is displayed in the wrong place.

Kirsten O

www.crazydreamsstudio.com

Guest strawberryfusion

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for that - I think that was a screen shot of the home page? I just forgot to remove some code, orginally there was a white circle there but because the client has a problem taking photographs with a white background, the circle has been removed. It should be OK now.

De-bugging is even more fun the second time round :)

rajiv

Guest Kirsteno

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for that - I think that was a screen shot of the home page? I just forgot to remove some code, orginally there was a white circle there but because the client has a problem taking photographs with a white background, the circle has been removed. It should be OK now.

De-bugging is even more fun the second time round :)

rajiv

All fixed. Looks and works great! Cute bags, too! The photos look great even if they don't have the white background you originally wanted.

Kirsten O

Guest strawberryfusion

Hi Kirsten,

Sometimes you have to go with what the client says, they are the one's paying for the site. You are right though the bags work well this way as well.

Hey I had a look at the two sites you built - they look good as well - well done.

Thank you all for the feedback, it's always useful good or bad.

rajiv