help to change logo please

Guest johnkolk

Guest johnkolk

I hope somone can help?

I can't find where to upload store_logo.gif to? I uploaded it to the imag folder but that didn't do the job? I was not asked if I wanted to overwrite the old image so I guess I'm loading it to the wrong place?

I'm on cc3:10

Guest hobsdv

I hope somone can help?

I can't find where to upload store_logo.gif to? I uploaded it to the imag folder but that didn't do the job? I was not asked if I wanted to overwrite the old image so I guess I'm loading it to the wrong place?

you can download an excellent guide for inserting logo`s from markscarts here

Guest Brivtech

I hope somone can help?

For the standard CubeCart skins, the logos are found in:

> /skins/Killer/styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.gif

> /skins/Classic/styleImages/backgrounds/contentBg.jpg

> /skins/Legend/styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.jpg

you seem to have a different file name, so perhaps you're using a custom template. Easy way to find out where it's supposed to go (and what it's supposedto be called) is to do the following:

Open your store in a web browser.

With Firefox: Right-click on the image, and click on VIEW IMAGE or VIEW BACKGROUND IMAGE. This will open the image in a new window, confirming that it is 1. the image you are looking to change, and 2. gives the full server location of where you need to upload the replacement image.

With Internet Explorer: right click on the image, and click on Properties - You will see the full image URL displayed in a properties box, along with dimensions (You can do it this way with firefox if you like as well). That will give you the image name, and where to upload the edited version back to. If the logo is part of a background image, you'll need to select Save Background As or Copy background - Firefox handles this much better.

Guest igfworld

If I paid one of you $25 Paypal funds w3ould you put my logo on my site for me? I'm am really computer illiterate.

PM me the access info for your server, along with a copy of the graphic and I'll do it for you for free.

How do I get this access server info?

If I paid one of you $25 Paypal funds w3ould you put my logo on my site for me? I'm am really computer illiterate.

PM me the access info for your server, along with a copy of the graphic and I'll do it for you for free.

How did you install your CubeCart?

Guest igfworld

I just clicked install in my bluehost control panel

Guest Brivtech

Sounds like an unbeatable offer.

Over to you Joe! ;)

I just clicked install in my bluehost control panel

Still, "bluehost" has given you codes for access to your serfver, right? Don't publish them here in the open. Send them to me in an email.

OK, I got your PM with the codes and now I understand the problem. You are trying to edit a skin through the Admin Control Panel - not through the server, the only place that can be done.

Go to your web host support and ask them for the FTP access codes for your server. Send them to me in a private message.

Meanwhile, you need to prepare the graphic you intend to use as your your logo. The one you sent is much too big. The default logo measures 174 by 96 pixels. You'll need to edit yours to those same dimensions in some graphic program such as Photoshop. Then send it to me again and I'll installl it for you

Joe

PS: just for the heck of it, I used the search function on the words "change logo" and found about 10 messages related to how to do that. The best of them is by Mark at

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....&hl=change+logo

Guest Jaimwolfe

Quote: Meanwhile, you need to prepare the graphic you intend to use as your your logo. The one you sent is much too big. The default logo measures 174 by 96 pixels. You'll need to edit yours to those same dimensions in some graphic program such as Photoshop. Then send it to me again and I'll installl it for you

----

Thanks for all the help joe, I am following this tread too. How do we change it so I can put in my logo as say, 480 x 96, or say 480 x 140? Then we get into the php coding?

Thanks!

Jaime

Guest walmarc

How do we change it so I can put in my logo as say, 480 x 96, or say 480 x 140? Then we get into the php coding?

I'm thinking you are talking about a graphic for an alternate skin? What skin are you using? :P

Guest irishtxboy

I've done all this stuff above and still not getting my logo on my page. The size is right, etc... and when I open my homepage and right click view background image then view the properties for the background image under Alt text I get this message

The image “http://butterflyden.com/cart/skins/Killer/styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Does anyone know what this means?

I'm using version 3.0.8 Killer skin

Guest vrakas

I have just visited the above mentioned URL and can see the logo just fine, i can also see "Welcome to Butterfly Den Gifts and More

Welcome To Butterfly Den! Feel free to look around. "

If this is the site then it is your browsers problem or even maybe some software you have installed on there sucs as firewall etc. ;)

Guest irishtxboy

I have just visited the above mentioned URL and can see the logo just fine, i can also see "Welcome to Butterfly Den Gifts and More

Welcome To Butterfly Den! Feel free to look around. "

If this is the site then it is your browsers problem or even maybe some software you have installed on there sucs as firewall etc. ;)

Thank you I noticed if I use my wifes computer I see it fine but on mine where I do the modding I couldn't I'll check my firewall settings. Thanks...by the way how did you like the site this is my first attempt, any advice is more than welcome.