Sleek Business Design

Guest shandaman

Guest shandaman

Hey all, im working on a new template business template. I thought id get some early crits on it. www.3dgamics.com/skin

Guest BigNaz

That URL doesn't work, but if you remove the '/skin' it comes up.

I assume that is the site you are talking about??

If it is, I like the colour scheme and the layout is nice and clean. This is yet more inspiration for me to pull my finger out and crack on with my own templates!!

Good luck with the site...

Guest garysmith

Hi Shandaman

I got to your page by leaving off /skin/ in the URL (you can edit your post to rectify this).

Have a look at the title in your 'Upcoming Products' box, it is too long a title to fit in the .boxtitle

Like wise there is a problem whis the text in your SESSION box, the text login overlaps welcome guest.

You seem to have two different styles for your box titles (White on some, red on others) personally I would stick with the white.

On your product info page your sample button needs aligning.

These are all simple things to sort out but can be easy to miss when you are working away on your project.

Overall, I like the design, very clean and your choice of colours work. just a few things to sort out and you will have a very nice looking site.

Not sure I understand the quote in the header, I suppose it would make sense to those who are into 3d modelling though!? Lol

Nice work.

I gotta vote "LAME" on the design. On a 800x600 screen and even on 1024x768, the real contents is WAY too far down on the page. Why waste so much screen real estate on a few links. Rework the entire top and you may have something, but for now, it looks like juke box exploded and turned into a website. Just.......lame.

Sorry if my criticism isn't very 'constructive'. I don't like candy coating and I'm simply not blessed with the wonderful verbosity of our friend Jersey Joe.

:)

Sorry if my criticism isn't very 'constructive'. I don't like candy coating and I'm simply not blessed with the wonderful verbosity of our friend Jersey Joe.
I looked at it right after the posting went up and frankly, I thought it so bad I was speechless. In a world where that incredible XPC Extreme skin exists, this is embarrassing.

But, as I recall, the initial version of that XP site, a few months ago, suffered from a whole bunch of the same problems as this site - and look what some diligent work accomplished. I'm in awe of that one. Many lessons to be learned from it.

Guest vrakas

other then the large top image any other problems you can see? as i can change that in a matter of minutes.

The Left bar with FF goes over the top title bar.

The sub-category goes under the top title bar with FF

Change these and top header (Title bar) and let us know, we will be around :o

Hope this helps. :w00t:

Guest shandaman

thanks for the crits top header is changed and new links done. And i dont know why firefox has these problems ie doesnt, ideas?