ready for comments

jerseyjoe

Guest shandaman

Well its alright, but firstly i would change the organge Go button to something more girlsih. Next i would fix the top title images of your boxes there not spaced correctly nor even. Then lastley the graphic logo is very ungraphical doesnt really show much.

Guest vrakas

Simple and nice, i like it :cry:

Suggestion that is in front of us and needs to be changed.

Remove the yellow from both sides and make it match your box border :P

PS:Imaged removed after been changed.

Guest garysmith

Hi Jerseyjoe

Overall, very nice, I like the clean and simple look.

The titleboxes have been mentiond (only a 5 minute job) and I do agree with shandaman about the button colours not exactly tying in with the rest of the theme.

I think the text in your logo is very cool, perhaps you could deepen the white 'V' to make it the full depth of the header? (just my opinion and I am no artist! lol). :P

The only thing that has not been mentioned before is the borders on your boxes being blue, I feel that it would add to the overall look if you changed them to the same colour as your titleboxes.

I do like your overall design and think you have a good basis.

Well done & good luck with your store!

Guest groovejuice

Great looking store Joe. Having the big category images as the focal point is an excellent idea. There are a couple of things you might want to try: the first being the addition of a subtle textured backgound image to the black area, and other is to make the text category links into images with a more elegant font. Small things certainly, as the page looks both attractive and effective.

Great looking store Joe. Having the big category images as the focal point is an excellent idea. There are a couple of things you might want to try: the first being the addition of a subtle textured backgound image to the black area, and other is to make the text category links into images with a more elegant font. Small things certainly, as the page looks both attractive and effective.
These and the suuggestions by others are appreciated. Some have been implemented and all are being considered. A few, such as making the text category links into images would be easy to do but not practical because a goal here is to turn over the site mainteneance to its owner and she could not create new images or install them, something that definitely will be required as her categories evolve.

Among the things that have been done since the reqeust was made, I added the excellent mod fro MarksCarts that moves the text od a product description and the link to more product images, up to the empty space to the right of the tall images that the products, especially the Jewelry Stands, require. I'll need to shorten some of the descriptions because the more verbose do a word wrap.

But again for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Guest Brivtech

I like the purple and orange, they seem to work well together.

The black background is a bit too contrasting and minimalist, contradicting the content. My suggestion would be to replace it with a very dark purple like colour #2F002F. At a glance, this may almost seem black, but when you apply it to the background, it'll give it that bit of life that is missing.

Overall, not bad style sheet changes.

I like the purple and orange, they seem to work well together.

The black background is a bit too contrasting and minimalist, contradicting the content. My suggestion would be to replace it with a very dark purple like colour #2F002F. At a glance, this may almost seem black, but when you apply it to the background, it'll give it that bit of life that is missing.

Overall, not bad style sheet changes.

In general, I agree that the surround is too dark but the problem with the suggested 2F002F is that colors like that are rendered all over the scale depending on the age and settings of the monitor, its physical proximity to the other color inthe same color gorup, etc.

I'm sympathetic to your point because I believe that black backgrounds are the worst thing that can happen to a commercial web site. I can barely tolerate them even as a surround. I think I'll experiment with a graduated background image such as the CC default. It uses a dark gray that deepens as you scroll down the page.

Again, thanks for all the comments. It's a great help to have feedback from people who understand what's involved.

Guest Brivtech

I'm sympathetic to your point because I believe that black backgrounds are the worst thing that can happen to a commercial web site. I can barely tolerate them even as a surround. I think I'll experiment with a graduated background image such as the CC default. It uses a dark gray that deepens as you scroll down the page.

Again, thanks for all the comments. It's a great help to have feedback from people who understand what's involved.

Yes, a graduated background would be an even better choice. Have you also condidered a very transparent watermark logo within the graduated background?