New Site (almost completed)

Hi All

I would appreciate some feedback on my Smith Sunglasses web site: Smith Sunglasses

Any comments would be good!!

Thanks

A

Nice graphics, simple and therefore effective, layout.

But have you looked at the site in 800 by 600 res? There are millions of potential customers who have their displays set for that. You can make your pages display well at higher res - yet also avoid the left to right scroll that confuses and turns off lower res users.

Also, there's a lot of empty space in the 116px-high banner. A 100px-high version would be sleeker and display more of the selling area.

Those coments aside, it's excellent work. I especially like the menu.

Hi All

Thanks for your comments so far...

jerseyjoe - I have looked at my site @ 800 x 600 and I know one does have to scroll a bit but looking at the stats for the site only a small percentage of visitors are using 800 x 600 res (see attached). I also belive that new computer are now being shipped with higher screen res as default. So what am I to do? Cater for Hi or Low res?

Cheers

A

Hi All

jerseyjoe - I have looked at my site @ 800 x 600 and I know one does have to scroll a bit but looking at the stats for the site only a small percentage of visitors are using 800 x 600 res (see attached). I also belive that new computer are now being shipped with higher screen res as default. So what am I to do? Cater for Hi or Low res?

Cheers

A

Higher resolution screens do not mean they use full screen windows. Those stats are very misleading.

Hi All

Cheers

A

Higher resolution screens do not mean they use full screen windows. Those stats are very misleading.

They also are not relevant to my point. The design you have can be delivered to both hi and low res users. You do not ned to chose between them.