"This invoice has already been paid" -- WRONG PAYPAL! It

Guest nwosbs

Guest nwosbs

A customer purchases a digital download. 10 minutes later they decide to purchase a different download at a different price with a different name. PayPal, when they go to pay, spits out:

"This invoice has already been paid."

And tells them to contact me. This is in testing, so I am the customer. I am also the merchant, and the merchant me has no better idea what is wrong with Paypal than the consumer me.

I have no idea what is going on!

Any suggestions?

Guest nwosbs

How about more information ?

PayPal has 2 ways of working with and 3 gateways in cubecart.

what do try to use ?

ACK! Sorry.

CubeCart 3.0.10

PayPal Websites Basic Standard

Gateway is PayPal Standard and IPN

I mean, I have even uplaoded a different media file to use as a test, and when I go to make Payment wiht Paypal, it gives me the message that the invoice has already been paid.

It's because your session has not been properly cleared. If you closed your browser and came back, it would be fine, but for whatever reason, your session wasn't destroyed.

:)

Guest nwosbs

It's because your session has not been properly cleared. If you closed your browser and came back, it would be fine, but for whatever reason, your session wasn't destroyed.

:w00t:

In addition to it happening in back to back trial runs, this happened on two different computers, in two different buildings, miles apart, with two different orders, for two diffferet items at two different prices. Admittedly, it was the same PayPal account that was paying, but this is a serious problem. Unless this gets resolved, there is no way for someone to order an item and then go back an order a second item.

In fact, it is STILL happening. Yesterday I purchased an audio download while at work. This morning I attempted to purchase a digital book download while at home, and PayPal AGAIN reported that the invoice had already been paid.

This is a serious problem.

Guest nwosbs

Are you by chance using the sandbox, or is this a 'real world' purchase?

Real world. And, let me describe in deatil what happens:

1. I log into CubeCart at my work computer.

2. I select a digital download for my shopping cart.

3. I checkout.

4. PayPal asks me to authorize the payment.

5. I do.

6. I receive notification form PayPal the payment went through.

7. I receive notice from CubeCart to pick up my digital download.

8. I download my digital download.

9. I turn off my computer.

10. I drive home.

11. I go to bed.

12. I wake up.

13. I wander into my computer at home and log into Cubecart.

14. I select a different digital download.

15. I check out.

16. Paypal then informs me that the invoice has already been paid, and I need to contact the store owner.

17. I scream at my Computer.

18. I then delete my two test MP3 files I had for sale.

19. I Uplaod two gif images and post them for sale.

20. I Re-login in to the buyers account.

21. I select one fo the new GIF image downlaods.

22. I checkout.

23. Paypal then informs me that the invoice has already been paid, and I need to contact the store owner.

24. I cry hysterically and gnash my teeth.

If anyone wants to nose around the site, it is at www.velvetconfessions.com/Store/. The two downlaods are set to 1 penny.

Something is horribly wrong with the way PayPal and CubeCart are communicating.

Guest EverythingWeb

Hang on a minute!

If PayPal is saying the "invoice" is already paid... and you are using PayPal payments, then *surely* (and this is me only musing, still not fully understanding the way some of PayPals "features" work) cubeCart is not generating a PayPal invoice, but rather just asking PayPal to collect a payment for X amount to go to [email protected] and then return to mysite.com ?

Why is it mentioning INVOICE?

Guest nwosbs

Hang on a minute!

If PayPal is saying the "invoice" is already paid... and you are using PayPal payments, then *surely* (and this is me only musing, still not fully understanding the way some of PayPals "features" work) cubeCart is not generating a PayPal invoice, but rather just asking PayPal to collect a payment for X amount to go to [email protected] and then return to mysite.com ?

Why is it mentioning INVOICE?

Because it hates me! :(

Here is the exact error:

pp.gif

Guest EverythingWeb

I'm aware of what good old PayPal errors look like, however it still doesn't answer the question of WHY its trying to pay an "invoice" when PayPal's definiation of an invoice is one raised inside PayPal.

Confused.

Guest nwosbs

OK, here is more info...

I created a new user and logged into my store using IE. (I normally use Firefox.)

I ordered an item, went to pay, and then was told the invoice had already been paid.

This makes no sense.

HELP!!!! :(:D :dizzy:

Guest nwosbs

More info:

1. I went into the admin panel and deleted the prior transactions that were listed as Pending

2. I then made a purcha and PayPal did not puke out, and everything worked fine.

2. I then closed my browser and relogged into my store. I could make another purchase fine.

3. I then went back and purchased another item without logging outor closing my browser. It went thru fine.

4. I can now get it to NOT work.

Here is what must have been happening in some way -- Once an order is listed as "Pending" in the CC orders list, it must somehow block all subsequent PayPal approvals. I don't know how. All I do know is deleting the "Pending" sales unbroke the site's interaction with PP.

That gives me some concern, as it means if soemthign glitchs out a single sale, the enitre board could be glitched out uintil I step in and fix it.

Is there a fix for that?

Guest gwizard

Sounds like you have a cookie or session issues.

If you tried that on several computers then that rules out local problem.

Therefore, it must be something that has to do with your server config.

Try the following...

Create a file called info.php and paste into it:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Run it in your browser and post the results here.

Guest nwosbs

Below is the file, but it did nto seem like this was the issue. The server is GoDaddy, and if their version of PHP was the issue, you would have had scads of this problem before me. I've tried to recreate the problem, but can't. (Admittedly, I haven't spent as much time trying to break it as I did to fix it.)

It just seems like when it was transmitting info to PayPal, Cubecart was sending the Pending payments first.

phpinfo.gif

Guest gwizard

I don't know if it will work on your server but try the following.

create php.ini file under root dir and put in it the following lines:

Safe mode = Off

session.use_trans_sid = On

After you do that, look at the relevant lines in info.php to see if it changed in the Local value tab.

Guest nwosbs

I don't know if it will work on your server but try the following.

create php.ini file under root dir and put in it the following lines:

Safe mode = Off

session.use_trans_sid = On

After you do that, look at the relevant lines in info.php to see if it changed in the Local value tab.

The lowest level I could put it in was http, and it did nto change the variable when placed there.

It appears to be working now tho, so I guess I will wing it until the problem pops up again.