This is how I got shipping working ....

Guest jladd

hi kaskudoo... ;)

well i've thought about that too but.. i think.. :( that the $lang['front']['cart']['shipping'] i found is common with all the 3 steps (2, 3 and 4) which makes it difficult to do this, the text will not be visible in the 4th step..

i'm no coder either but my thought is that your idea could be made and then create a new string for just the 4th step..

could this work, if yes, then how..??

thx..

Note that until you

have almost completed the checkout process the shipping wont be calculated and

shown..

I have a question regarding the shippingcost calculation not showing until the 2nd, 3rd and 4th step

it annoys me that the text 'Shipping' is visible in the 2nd and 3rd step, just because it's simply nothing there except for a -

now, i tryed to remove the $lang['front']['cart']['shipping'] in includes/content/cart.inc.php but that wasn't such a good idea because then the shipping wasn't announced in the 4th step

is there a way to remove the shipping text in the 2nd and 3rd step and have it visible in the 4th step??

any ideas, thx..

There is a mod to show shipping regardless to step just google for "cubecart shipping and tax always visible" however if you dont want to show it is step 0 2 3 send me a PM :w00t:

Guest dillingerink

I am getting the same problem as mediajunk - I can pretty much say mine is entered the same except in pounds

My pricing is set up like this

1:2.85, 2:3.75, 4:5.25,1000:8.10 (the last one was for testing purposes and it still didn't work)

I added two prodcucts - one that was set to .25 lbs and one that was set to 1 lbs. No matter what I add to the cart it comes up that the shipment is over weight and to contact us for alternative options..???

I was having trouble like above, untill i put both their answers together and into shipping rates now it works.

i was having message that my goods were over weight and to try alternative.

fixed now

(List comma separated ISO codes) GB

Zone 1 Handling Fee:

Zone 1 Shiping Rates: 0.1:1.0, 0.2:1.27, 0.5:1.7, 0.7:2.2, 1.0:2.7, 1.2:4.75, 1.5:4.95, 2.0:5.3, 4.0:7.7, 6.0:8.74, 8.0:9.97, 10.0:10.70, 20.0:12.46,30:25.00,40:35.00,50:45.00,500:100.00

Guest dillingerink

what did you do that was different from what we did? I guess I don't really see where the error is coming in. Everything was done the same sans the fact that the pricing tier was different.

Aaaaahhh! I too seem to have everything overweight no matter what I seem to do. EDIT1:SOrry it was all my fault!!

I have checked all the threads and tried all the suggestions.

Flat rate works, price per item works, et etc but Royal Mail and By Weight always say overweight still.

I have checked all my products through phpmyadmin in the inventory table and all my products have a weight. I checked for a value of 0 and corrected the one it found, and checked for 'NULL' and corrected the other product it found there. I have browsed the entire table and everything has a weight.

Weight is set to kg.

Royal Mail is set to enabled, all other shipping modules are set to disabled.

Zone 1 countries - GB

Handling fee - left blank. (Tried with 0 and 0.00)

Zone 1 shipping rates - 2:2.99,10000:99.99

Anything up to 2 kg's costs 2.99, anything up to 10000 costs 99.99 (made up brackets trying to get it to work)

Tax is exempt (have tried both options).

The by weight module I have tried too, but the cart still says overweight.

The product I have added to test weighs 0.130kg, so should cost 2.99 according to my brackets.

Any ideas of what I could try next?

Any suggestions welcome - thank you.

Paul

EDIT2: It was all my fault. I had edited the cart.inc.php file and altered the steps so that it jumped form step 2 to step 4. (ages ago and before I really understood what was happening at the different stages. When I uploaded the original file it worked perfectly. I now understand why there are so many steps. How embarrassing - sorry! Still love cubecart :-)

:unsure: I'm puzzled over how this works, could be im tried. I testing with a item with 0.130 weight yet the postage is coming out 23p instead of 44p? My setting is 1:0.44 so i dont get where its getting 23p from

• 3 weeks later...

I started trying CC 3days ago. it looks and sounds very cool to me.

However, after studying this post, I still have the problem with its over weight. can anyone give me more hints or what else I should check with mt settings....

Many thanks! :)

I was having trouble like above, untill i put both their answers together and into shipping rates now it works.

i was having message that my goods were over weight and to try alternative.

fixed now

(List comma separated ISO codes) GB

Zone 1 Handling Fee:

Zone 1 Shiping Rates: 0.1:1.0, 0.2:1.27, 0.5:1.7, 0.7:2.2, 1.0:2.7, 1.2:4.75, 1.5:4.95, 2.0:5.3, 4.0:7.7, 6.0:8.74, 8.0:9.97, 10.0:10.70, 20.0:12.46,30:25.00,40:35.00,50:45.00,500:100.00

How did you fix your over weight problem?

My setting is

Zone 1 Countries : CA

Zone 1 Handling Fee: 0

Zone 1 Shiping 1st Class Rates: 0.1:1.0, 0.2:1.27, 0.5:1.7, 0.7:2.2, 1.0:2.7, 1.2:4.75, 1.5:4.95, 2.0:5.3, 4.0:7.7, 6.0:8.74, 8.0:9.97, 10.0:10.70, 20.0:12.46,30:25.00,40:35.00,50:45.00,500:100.00

(Comma Separated)

Zone 1 Shiping 2nd Class Rates:

(Comma Separated)

Many thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this question asked earlier but I didn't see any replies.

I have a shipping rate for the US and one for Canada, and then another for ALL others. How do I setup "all others" in Weight-based Shipping? Do I have to specify the ISO codes for ALL countries, or is there some "wildcard" i can use?

I am also having a strange problem where seemingly a "handling fee" or some other fee is being added. My shipping rates are being calculated based on weight, but they are always a little bit over what I have assigned. I've attached my shipping page

Is there something I'm missing?

I am also having a strange problem where seemingly a "handling fee" or some other fee is being added. My shipping rates are being calculated based on weight, but they are always a little bit over what I have assigned. I've attached my shipping page

Is there something I'm missing?

----------------------------

I was able to fix this problem. There is an option at the botom of the shipping config that says "Tax Class". I thought it was asking about which products this shipping rate would be applied to, but it is actually asking if I want to apply tax to my shipping rates. Wow.

Guest foreknowapparel

Is there a way to make all other countries use zone 4 or do you have to type all the ISO codes???

YEAH SERIOUSLY! ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS??? I GOT MY DEFINED COUNTRIES TO WORK SUCH AS US, CA and AU, NZ but FOR ALL OTHER COUNTRIES I JUST WANT TO USE THE SAME ZONE...

• 5 weeks later...
Guest danelliott

Ive set up the price to weight ratio as stated in the tut at the front of this thread but i am getting and keep getting no matter how many times i change it this response when i go to checkout..........

The total weight of your order it too high. Please contact us to see if we can make an alternative arrangement or reduce the amount of items in your basket.

Any ideas peeps.?????

Guest lordbarron

i too am querying in this one. is there any mod that will set up royal mail postage and keep the prices updated live for me?

also i have stock i ship from my warehouse and stock from a dropship company who charge a flat rate, is there any way other than the awkward work around that would set my postage up right? and then have free shipping on orders over X amount? all in one mod? haha good luck

Guest lordbarron

I'm still getting the "Over Weight" error.

I'm Shipping by Weight in Kg and I have weights from 0.03Kg to 15Kg, only delivering to UK (only 1 ISO code) and Handling is 0.00.

Weight ratio's are:

0.1:1,0.25:1.30,0.5:1.70,0.75:2.20,1:270,1.25:4.74,10000:99.99

Does anyone know whats wrong?

i dont know if u read the thing about ISO codes but you might of been getting an overweight message because you were using ISO 3, thats the 3 letter iso code, try using the 2 letter iso code and it should work. funny how they fail to mention that when your configuring the file.