download

Guest Zev

Hi ,

can someone walk me the down load process of this program/

I am to this whole thing.

thanks

Z

First let's make sure your server is ready and what tools are there. What kind of hsoting package do you have (RedHat Apache? Windows?) If you are not sure, what is the name of your hosting provider and I'll check out what they probably are providing.

Guest EverythingWeb

Now that you have registered with the site, please click downloads at the top of the page, or click here: http://www.cubecart.com/site/helpdesk/inde...wnloads&_a=view

Login to that portion of the site, navigate to the Version 3 folder and download version 3.0.10.

Unpack the zip file, and upload the 'upload' folder to our FTP space. Browse in the directory on your webbrowser and following the on screen prompts.

Hi ,

can someone walk me the down load process of this program/

I am to this whole thing.

thanks

Z

First let's make sure your server is ready and what tools are there. What kind of hsoting package do you have (RedHat Apache? Windows?) If you are not sure, what is the name of your hosting provider and I'll check out what they probably are providing.

I host with go daddy and they have me on php and my sql .

does this help you?

thanks

Now that you have registered with the site, please click downloads at the top of the page, or click here: http://www.cubecart.com/site/helpdesk/inde...wnloads&_a=view

Login to that portion of the site, navigate to the Version 3 folder and download version 3.0.10.

Unpack the zip file, and upload the 'upload' folder to our FTP space. Browse in the directory on your webbrowser and following the on screen prompts.

that's where i get lost,i can see the upload folder,but i don't know how to upload the upload folder into the ftp space?

that's where i get lost,don't understand how to upload the "upload" folder into the ftp space,

I'll be away from this forum for about 1 hour ( traveling time).

that's where i get lost,i can see the upload folder,but i don't know how to upload the upload folder into the ftp space?

that's where i get lost,don't understand how to upload the "upload" folder into the ftp space,

I'll be away from this forum for about 1 hour ( traveling time).

can some one with some knoledge reply to me as to how to upload the upload folder to the ftp space?

Thanks

Z

Guest walmarc

You need an FTP client to upload files to your server, or there is ordinarily a file manager in your hosting control panel that lets you upload files.

I use CuteFTP Professional but there are many others available such as WsFtp. There are also free clients out there - search Google for "free ftp client" and you'll find them. I always think you get what you pay for and if you're after security, you'll pay - you never know what's in "free" software. If you're after a trustworthy free solution, best to get it from Sourceforge, the home of open source software.

Hope this helps.

:cry:

Qualification: I don't count CubeCart as "free" software because you can pay for copyright removal.

Guest gwizard

I always think you get what you pay for and if you're after security, you'll pay - you never know what's in "free" software. If you're after a trustworthy free solution, best to get it from Sourceforge, the home of open source software.

BS.

Many of the free software is secure, trustworthy and very good.

Examples: Linux, Firefox, FileZilla (open source FTP client), phpMyAdmin, phpBB and so on.

Examples of the opposite: Microsoft Windows.

You don't always have to pay to get a good product and even if you pay, no one guarantees you will get a better product.

SourceForge is indeed a nice place to look for open source and other kinds of free software. The above mentioned rule applies to it as well. There is a lot of badly written / alpha / beta software on SourceForge as well as in the internet as a whole.

Guest Brenty

Go Daddy offer a free Javascript FTP upload program you can find in your Go Daddy control panel. It's designed for basic use, and I'm not sure if you can change permissions with it or not. If not, sending them an email with your request for permission change will do - You'll probably need to wait 24 hours for the email to get read and actioned though.

You are better off with a different FTP programme. I use a commercial one called WS-FTP-Pro, but I can definetly recommend the Mozilla FTP program - Filezilla (thanks Gwizard :cry: )

Guest walmarc

BS.

Examples: Linux, Firefox, FileZilla (open source FTP client), phpMyAdmin, phpBB and so on.

You don't always have to pay to get a good product and even if you pay, no one guarantees you will get a better product.

SourceForge is indeed a nice place to look for open source and other kinds of free software. The above mentioned rule applies to it as well. There is a lot of badly written / alpha / beta software on SourceForge as well as in the internet as a whole.

I agree totally gwizard - I am totally FireFox committed too. Was just suggesting the OP should be wary of every offering as they are not always what they seem. :cry:

BS.

I agree totally gwizard - I am totally FireFox committed too. Was just suggesting the OP should be wary of every offering as they are not always what they seem. ;)

ok ,trying to download fikrefox but don't want the google,can i download firefox without the google tool bar?

thanks

Z