My Store

Guest eLlIoTg

Gadget Garage  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's very nice, but I'd just like to mention a few issues I can see...

Some of the hyperlinked text, for example the top menu, login text etc the mouse over text is a different width (probably because of changing to bold), this moves the entire menu and text when the mouse moves over it... which is not ideal for usability.

The top menu text should also be bigger or at least more prominent as Andi mentions. It does get dwarfed by the content, and there is nothing obvious to indicate to a new visitor where the menu is in relation to the content text... it looks the same.

There is no separation line between the products in the category view and shopping basket. This makes the lines of products more difficult to follow. And as you've removed the title background colours, it adds to the issue.

The session box (with login and account links) moves from the left column to the top right when you go into the cart template. Locations of such items should ideally standardised for all pages.

The actual shopping basket page is very bare, even with products in the list. I also expect that when a visitor registers, and goes to their account they will have an entire browser window with only 4 small lines of links somewhere on the page.

I like the concept of minimalism, but I can't help thinking it's a little too minimal. This is just my opinion, and I'm sure others prefer this style of site.... I like something pretty and eye catching to look at :D

Good work on the site... i'm a perfectionist at heart, so please take my feedback as constructive rather than criticism.... it is a nice site in general :w00t: :D

Guest garysmith

Hi Elliot

I have been watching your site evolve with great interest. I think you have come up with a unique style that is easy on the eye and that your improvements have all been moving in the right direction.

I think we all know that a good site is always a 'work in progress' and must continue to evolve.

I think markcarts was right about your box titles being better if they were done with CSS rather than an images as they are the last item to appear as the page loads. I know that it is really 'nitpicking' but if you are aiming for perferction......

A really nice site, I have had to vote 8/10

All the best

Gary

Guest eLlIoTg

if you can see on the websites that the top categoris are right above the main section i want to move them up a little into the white area just underneath the site logo.

can anybody help me as in what style sheet section to edit

Thanks

EDIT: Sory i have sorted it out

if you can see on the websites that the top categoris are right above the main section i want to move them up a little into the white area just underneath the site logo.

can anybody help me as in what style sheet section to edit

Thanks

EDIT: Sory i have sorted it out

Try .topCatsBgRight for the menu

The logo section is #topHeader

Note it looks a little odd in Firefox at the moment.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT KNOW!!!!!!

Comments Plz...!!!

That is soooo much better. Well done!

One thing, the mouseover colour change on the top menu on the cart does not seem to work in IE.

Looks great! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest eLlIoTg

I have added a few more pics to the homepage and have edited the product page,

Comments Welcome,

I have added a few more pics to the homepage and have edited the product page,

Comments Welcome,

I assume you realise that the front page is now much wider than 1280px width in IE? Looks nice in FF.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest eLlIoTg

i have again edited the site i have made tabkes to hold images and keep them the correct size on all pages and all web browsers hope you like it

comments plZ!!!

• 2 weeks later...