Purchase Membership before entering store

Guest SubwooferOutlet.com

Guest SubwooferOutlet.com

I am trying to create a store which requires a membership in order to shop.

I am having trouble with an easy way to do this. My goal being to block people out of the store unless they have paid for a membership through IPN or PayPal.

Is this possible?

Basically I would like them to have my store locked (but visible) until they register and pay for a membership.

Sorry if it seems unclear, just a little frustrated because this seems so easy and I can't find anything on it.

• 10 months later...
Guest Russell Cox

I am having trouble with an easy way to do this. My goal being to block people out of the store unless they have paid for a membership through IPN or PayPal.

Is this possible?

Basically I would like them to have my store locked (but visible) until they register and pay for a membership.

Sorry if it seems unclear, just a little frustrated because this seems so easy and I can't find anything on it.

I don't believe the software you mentioned will help in this case, as they are asking for a way to limit the categories in which a customer may shop until a payment is made.

To do this, there would need to be a way to make some categories private, available only to members of a 'customer group', and at least 1 category public, available to anyone.

Password protected directories will do nothing of this kind.

Yes, I think a custom modification would be required so that buy a certain product (i.e. a subscription) maybe changes you to a different 'User Group' that allows you to view additional categories.

I remember someone at cc.org was writing something similar for a client.

Guest Clabatte

Is this possible?

I am looking forward to do the same exact thing with you.

let me know if you find a solution to this issue.

shop.allhaitianmovies.com

[email protected]

Guest stinhambo

I am looking for a solution that allows people to buy individual downloadable products as non subscribers but can download as much as they like if they subscribe.

I am looking for a solution that allows people to buy individual downloadable products as non subscribers but can download as much as they like if they subscribe.

• 1 month later...

I am looking for a simliar MOD or extension

My concept is to build a site with digital downloads ( no props so far ) where there are 4 sections

1. no registered customer browse products and pay , download ( as normal CC)

2.Free member ( no cost ) can also acccess a Free download members area

3.Silver members ( can still goto the 1 and 2 section but when paid get to also access their silver members area

4. Gold member ( as above but get latest and best, most downloads)

i am tetsing other different programs that are taylored to this sort of thing but like the layout of CC and i have worked with CC for about 12 months now for clients so know why way around.