New store Please give me your comments and advice.

Guest pcolaboyz04

Welcome to Cube Cart.

One of the most difficult things to achieve is a portal/store combination that has the same look and feel to it. Your store looks like a totally different site, different layout and different color scheme. I would try to emulate your intro page as much as possible. You can use the same flash header for openers and replace the default sub cat blue folders with something more original. If you are going live with your store and have no products for a certain category, don't add the category until you do. People will not be coming back to check anyway. On your front page, don't make excuses for your store. Use that valuable piece of real estate to chat up what you have, not what you don't have.

Guest groovejuice

Ditto. By the way, I really like the graphic/flash on your home page, but think all the little animations (stars & boxes) are very distracting.

Guest vrakas

I might be wrong :wacko: but if this (front page) is one of the ready templates you can buy from the internet then i would suggest you also use the fonts that are usually included, the category top links are not using the same font :D

Guest pcolaboyz04

Thanks for the suggestions. I will see what I can do about getting those fixed. I tried to get the fonts on the links as close to the original as possible, but the template I got had all the images in it already, so I had to photoshop the old links out and put new links in, and they didn't turn out as I had expected, but they do the job. I also like the suggestion about getting the store the same as the frontpage, but am unfamiliar with these programs (I have always designed my sites in Frontpage and that just doesn't cut it anymore). A little more playing around with it and I will eventually figure it out.

Thank You,

Joe Morris

Guest pcolaboyz04

Ok. I have redone the store and taken your advice. I extracted the main image from the flash file and placed as my header and also changed the color scheme. Check it out and tell me what else you think I should do.

Guest groovejuice

Definitley getting better -your header image is squished because it has not been properly resized. Try matching the height to the default header in your skin and remember to keep the aspect ratio (height to width) the same as the original.