updated site can u view and give me ideas?

hi all i was hopeing you could all give me a little bit of help please as im still learning cc :whistle:

just updated my site and got a lot of praise last time so hoping for the same can u go here for the main page or go straight here for the cubecart site and tell me what you think just spent 3 hours getting the banners looking right lol

thanks

cliff

Guest shandaman

Why did you change the positon of the banners that I did for you? COuld you not figure out how to edit them properly? Could have just asked me I could have set it up easier for you. Oh well its done now. Looks tight though :whistle:

yes coudnt figure out how to change them but i will be using the boxes you did me :whistle: for other things tho eg comming soon items hopefully try and link them to a email when i figure that bit out :cry:

You've come a long way since your humble beginnings and things are looking interesting.

My eye goes directly to that BIG empty white space on your header. I am not one to waste valuable real estate and that happens to be one valuable piece of property that should be exploited. I am also not crazy about the red text with the black background nor the HUGE round thing. IMO you need someone with an eye for layout. The individual parts are good but the way they are put together does not lend itself to sales.

Keep working at it.

thanks roban yes now u mention it the big space at the header does look well big and can be exploited going to put something there one i figure out what :whistle: in the mean time anyone good with layouts give me a yell as i want the site to saw wow at the moment im thinking it says wo if you know what i mean

also thinking about the black and red not sure what to do there u think like a normal text would work eg get rid of the colours and just have one plain black colour or something like that?

It is a well-documented fact that the header area is one of the prime sales areas on an ecommerce site. A great place to put information that you really want people to know. As for the red text on black background, when a spider visits your site it will look at that area and extract the text. This is where you want to add about 300 words containing your keywords and phrases and link them to your internal pages. This is VERY important for the SEO health of your site. Spiders don't read images but they do read 'alt' tags so if you have a large image like that 'satisfaction guaranteed' image (which has no 'alt' tag) you are in effect wasting so many pixels of very valuable space.

Your images have no 'alt' tags whatsoever so one might argue that all that space is wasted because there is no text at all for a spider to gobble up for your benefit. When you do add your 'alt' tags make sure that the text contains your keywords and keyphrases.

SEO is my business and I'm happy to help.

Guest shandaman

I would personally change the header to be a little bigger, perhaps more colorful aswell because it is sorta bland at this point.

Guest vrakas

The top header is a bit small and fade

The left column title boxes dont fit the content box under

The right side of the title box is cuts off

Change the top cat menu on mouse over to another colour rather than black.

Suggestions: 1) upgrade your CC to the latest version and 2) Register CC and gain space, remove the copyright on the footer and the title. :whistle:

Sorry for all the comments but it is looking good and details do count :cry:

Cliff, I think you have some problems here with design and layout. I love your site, and have ever since I first looked - but there are some things you should consider.

1. At present, I find that I get a horizontal scrollbar in both IE and FF at 1024 res

2. In FF, the banners on the right break the layout - they extend past the content border

3. The banners in your header are of low quality and look flat and washed-out

4. The text in center column clashes with the rest of your site - it appears as a jumbled mess of too much bold typeface, red, black, orange, italic, blue, etc. - if EVERY element attempts to GRAB your attention, NONE will because it is just too much.

Also, the many mis-spellings at your forum are real turn-offs when visiting the forum.

I would be glad to offer some free time for improvements to your site to help things along. Send PM or email if interested.

Guest shandaman

yes film cells, when i had put the boxes at the bottom i viewed it in all browsers i could, and different screen res and they viewed perfectly, maybe you should re install my modifications, and then let me explain how you can edit them as its actually quite simple. would that work for you?