Different Browser problems

Hi guys, I need your urgent help with this. Site under-development....

1/ I have modified the TOP bar where the "welcome guest" etc sits, with IE this shows very WIDE, with Firefox it shows very SLIM.

2/ The bottom bar where you have "about us" etc... In firefox, the text is overspilling and going outside of the box.

3/ The main menu bar, I cannot adjust the position, I wanted it to be aligned with the beginning of the tab "shopping Basket" and then spread accross the page up to the "showcase" tab. This I'm finding impossible to do. Example below: please visit My Webpage

4/ How do I get rid of the Grey area below the Main Menu?

Check it out with different browsers.

My question is how and where do I find the files to modify to make it fully compatible and appearing the same for all browsers?

Thanks for all your help guys!!

Al.

The problem is not that CubeCart behaves differently, but more like the browsers work differently. IE is not as complient as Firefox, and borders, margins and paddings are rendered slightly differently.

TIP: If you design for Firefox, you're more likely to avoid this type of problem and the site will work in most browsers including IE. If you design for IE, you will get problems with all other browsers.

It is difficult to determine where the problem actually starts with your formating. I would firstly comment out all the padding entries in the CSS for the global templates, then see where you are with the formating.

The problem is not that CubeCart behaves differently, but more like the browsers work differently. IE is not as complient as Firefox, and borders, margins and paddings are rendered slightly differently.

TIP: If you design for Firefox, you're more likely to avoid this type of problem and the site will work in most browsers including IE. If you design for IE, you will get problems with all other browsers.

It is difficult to determine where the problem actually starts with your formating. I would firstly comment out all the padding entries in the CSS for the global templates, then see where you are with the formating.

Thanks for your reply. The situation is such that we test on both browsers. It appears perfectly in Firefox but comes out all weird on IE. The current market trends is such that we have to make allowances for IE as well.

WHAT DO I DO??

I'll try what u advised, anyone else with any help with this - PLEASE HELP!

Guest vrakas

Unfortunatly there is no cure for all browsers to show the same, there is also Safari and few others out :(

Firefox is the best to test and get the closest to what you want to establish. ;)