Shipping Mod - Flatrate + Reduced Flatrate

Guest JulieKC

Guest JulieKC

Hi,

I've been looking through all available MODs here and other sites and I haven't found something like this:

What I would like to do is give a basic shipping fee for one item, say £4.00, maybe a handling fee of £1.00 and then say an additional £0.50 for any further item added (values changeable).

I can't use the MODs that use the "by weight" options, because I'm selling a huge variety of items and I don't know the weight nor do I have the time or facilities to weigh all the items.

If I were to use the "by item" module that comes with the basic CubeCart 3.0.10 and give £4.00 as basic then it'll add £4.00 every time an item is added and whoever orders ends up with like £20.00 shipping for 5 items..that's a joke. You see what my problem is.

If something like that exists or can be done, I'd be very grateful - or if someone can point me in a direction of doing this somehow differently. I'm not a coder, but I'm also not completely unversed when it comes to PHP.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Guest Operator

We (JulieKC and I) have found a way now to accomplish this by modifying the PerItem module shipped with CubeCart 3.0.10.

Thanks to all who read this topic.

Guest JulieKC

I have a new problem now which I've been working on for a few hours, but I can't seem to get it working.

What I hadn't considred is the fact that doing the shipping this way works fine if you're shipping within one country. However, if someone from another country was to place an order I'd obviously have to adapt the shipping prices.

Now my question: Is there anyone who has an idea how I could either add payment zones to this idea or even - for the meantime that'd be helpful, too - exclude any, but a certain list of countries from shipping?

I have been looking at other MODs with zones etc., but I can't seem to implement it properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!