'There are no products in this category' Message

In each of my categories, at the bottom of the page is the message 'There are no products in this category' eventhough there are products in the category. This message keeps confusing all my customers who think nothing exist in the categories despite the pictures and do not make a purchase. :(

I did not import the list, I manually added each product. So, how do I remove this message from appearing??

I find your post extremely annoying. It took the exact amount of time to type up your response as it would have to simply provide a solution. Considering I paid for a licensed copy of this software, I would appreciate better customer service!

Can you aleast point me in the right direction? I only have a limited amount of time to visit this site. I do not have time to spend hours searching for a fix to an ongoing issue!!

Since this has been an ongoing issue, why wasn't this issue adddressed and corrected in the lastest version 3.10?

It is perfectly safe for you to share your shop url by PM however im afraid i am not able to help with your issue. As a licensed customer i would advise that you submit your problem to the official support desk. This can be done here

Thanks Andi but I can't log into the support department. Someone somewhere made an error with my username and constant emails to the Sales team ;) have been unanswered. I can't even get anyone to get rid of a simple spelling mistake in my username, I have to say I am beginning to regret buying into this product.

Screwd.

Hi all.

Andi PM'd me to bring my attention to this topic. Monday mornings always frantic due to heavy amounts of email over the weekend. Any support tickets will be answered today and it important to remember that the support helpdesk if closed over the weekend.

@willow_brooke

Have you upgraded your store from any previous versions. Also have you applied any modifications at all?

If you have sent us a support ticket it will be answered at the first possible opportunity. Please however note that we don't have a service level agreement and we will do our best to help when we can.

@Screwdriveer

I have sucessfully imported 1500 products

CubeCart has not been written or designed to have products imported. For this reason I can't agree with you. There may well be something wrong with the way the products were imported and in particular category and image lookup tables.

Guest Brivtech

I believe what the original poster is saying is that the message "There are no products in this category" shows up, when really it shouldn't.

To resolve this, I simply deleted the text.

What's happening is that say I create some categories:

Parent Category (No products)

Child Category (No Products)

Grandchild Category (Lots of products)

... when clicking through the sub-category navigation, the "no products" message will appear for the parent and child category, as there are not products within, but will finally disappear for the grandchild category, where products exist.

I can completely understand the poster's concerns, as it can look confusing, having several sub-categories being displayed with a message underneath implying that "they" contain no products.

Perhaps the best fix would be an option added to categories that allows the text to be turned off if deselected. That way, the user could manually allow the option to be displayed if (as in the above example) the grandchild category is empty, but override it to not show the message for the parent and child category.

WillowBrooke, you would really need a MOD for this, so I can suggest that unless you follow Ansuk's suggestions of changing the text, go over to www.cubecart.org, and find some kind third-party developer who is willing to take up the challenge. ;)

I believe what the original poster is saying is that the message "There are no products in this category" shows up, when really it shouldn't.

To resolve this, I simply deleted the text.

What's happening is that say I create some categories:

Parent Category (No products)

Child Category (No Products)

Grandchild Category (Lots of products)

... when clicking through the sub-category navigation, the "no products" message will appear for the parent and child category, as there are not products within, but will finally disappear for the grandchild category, where products exist.

I can completely understand the poster's concerns, as it can look confusing, having several sub-categories being displayed with a message underneath implying that "they" contain no products.

Perhaps the best fix would be an option added to categories that allows the text to be turned off if deselected. That way, the user could manually allow the option to be displayed if (as in the above example) the grandchild category is empty, but override it to not show the message for the parent and child category.

WillowBrooke, you would really need a MOD for this, so I can suggest that unless you follow Ansuk's suggestions of changing the text, go over to www.cubecart.org, and find some kind third-party developer who is willing to take up the challenge. ;)

<sigh> No I am not confused thank you. I do understand the mechanics behind PHP/MySQL if not to a deep level of scripting/querying. When CubeCart tells me there are no products it is because the there is a relational error within the data tables, the products ARE there but there is no way (that I know of) to run a global command to interrogate the database and update these tables. The ONLY way I have found that works is to manually move each product out of it's existing category, save, then put it back.

Thanks for your input. I'll PM Brooky and see what happens...

Screwd.

Hi all.

Andi PM'd me to bring my attention to this topic. Monday mornings always frantic due to heavy amounts of email over the weekend. Any support tickets will be answered today and it important to remember that the support helpdesk if closed over the weekend.

@willow_brooke

Have you upgraded your store from any previous versions. Also have you applied any modifications at all?

If you have sent us a support ticket it will be answered at the first possible opportunity. Please however note that we don't have a service level agreement and we will do our best to help when we can.

@Screwdriveer

I have sucessfully imported 1500 products

CubeCart has not been written or designed to have products imported. For this reason I can't agree with you. There may well be something wrong with the way the products were imported and in particular category and image lookup tables.

Thanks Brooky, I have PMd you.

I can't select the "support" ticket option because I can't log in correctly. There's a confusion between Screwdriver and Screwdriveer which needs to be resolved, though that is the least of my problems.

Screwd.

Guest Brivtech

Screwdriver, you have a different problem to Willow_Brooke, and therefore should be covered in a different topic.

It's not that I didn't understand you, I just wasn't replying to you, and didn't to my knowledge make any implications that I was. Your problem comes from certain fields not being correctly updated through importing. Normally these fields are amended when adding products manually. In the process or re-categorising them manually as you state, you are clearly resetting this unset variable.

Unless you can provide specific details of the method you are using to import your products, I (Or I'm sure most of the other contributors on here) won't be able to provide any assistance. I won't speculate on solutions that could possibly make the problem worse in the process. ;)

Screwdriver, you have a different problem to Willow_Brooke, and therefore should be covered in a different topic.

It's not that I didn't understand you, I just wasn't replying to you, and didn't to my knowledge make any implications that I was. Your problem comes from certain fields not being correctly updated through importing. Normally these fields are amended when adding products manually. In the process or re-categorising them manually as you state, you are clearly resetting this unset variable.

Unless you can provide specific details of the method you are using to import your products, I (Or I'm sure most of the other contributors on here) won't be able to provide any assistance. I won't speculate on solutions that could possibly make the problem worse in the process. :)

Thanks Brivtech,

I have successfully hijacked this thread by the look of it ;) so I'll let it go and raise it as a support issue.

Screwd.

Just as an FYI, I have given Screwdriver the solution to his problem in another of the threads he's posted this in.

:(

Hmm. No I'm not letting you get away with that.

That's like Michaelangelo saying, "Yep, I've painted your ceiling"

You have done much more than merely fix it.

Thanks again,

Screwd.