XOMY Summer 2006 Design Live!

Guest xomy

Guest xomy

We've just launched our new design for the summer of 2006 with a subtle world cup look & feel.

http://www.xomy.com

Couple of categories are still to come as data is still being re-entered in our new format.

Mods Used:

- Estelle's Short Description / Caption Mod

(e.g. http://www.xomy.com/tvs/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=1)

- Estelle's More Images Mod

(e.g. http://www.xomy.com/tvs/index.php?act=view...tId=16#preview)

Custom Mods:

- Advanced Search function:

(e.g. http://www.xomy.com/tvs/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=12)

- Buy Now alert:

(e.g. Click Buy Now on any product/category page)

- HSBC API Payments (now in CC 3.0.9+)

- Shopzilla/Shopping.com ROI & Review Tracking

- Reevoo Customer Reviews

- Advanced Product Creation/Editing:

(e.g.

Product Listings: http://www.xomy.com/showoff/productListing.jpg

Product Edit: http://www.xomy.com/showoff/productEdit.jpg

Product View: http://www.xomy.com/showoff/productView.jpg

)

We hope you enjoy the new site, and I look forward to constructive criticism and your thoughts on it.

Cheers,

Adam

Guest xomy

Awesome design! Can you comment on using Reevoo for reviews? Thanks!

We felt that product reviews are a great way of relaying valuable, real world information to the customer. Reevoo have a fantastic setup allowing them to provide websites with independant reviews collected from a large number of retailers, by real customers that have bought and received the product.

Guest xomy

Hi Adam

Site looking very good mate!!

Did you write the HSBC API mod yourself? If so I would be interested in it!!

Thanks

Adam

This question has been asked a number times to me.

Our module is now included with CubeCart since version 3.0.10.

If you're have problems configuring or you're using an older version of CubeCart (supports 3.0.5+), feel free to email/pm me.

Adam

Guest speedymobile

Hi Adam

Site looking very good mate!!

Did you write the HSBC API mod yourself? If so I would be interested in it!!

Thanks

Adam

This question has been asked a number times to me.

Our module is now included with CubeCart since version 3.0.10.

If you're have problems configuring or you're using an older version of CubeCart (supports 3.0.5+), feel free to email/pm me.

Adam

Excellent mate!!..

Ive looked at a few others and this one was the one for me im afraid!!.. As soon as the page opened, I knew exactly what your site was about/ what you sell etc and thats what gets you business.

May I wish your every success in your online business and keep up the good upkeep too...I like it :lol:

Thanks guys for all the comments and support.

We've really enjoyed working with CubeCart over the last 9 months and look forward to pushing it further over the coming years!

We are currently putting the finishing touches on a UK Postcode Checker (works out between 2p and 8p a check). This has really been a problem for us, causing us to make un-needed phone calls to clients (again costing between 2p and 8p!), to confirm a post-code and sometimes re-process a credit card due to failed AVS check.

Also on the cards is Verified by Visa & Mastercard SecureCode integration with HSBC Secure ePayments API; this is a great benefit to merchants as it removes the responsibility for a fraudulent order (and therefore a chargeback) off the head of the merchant, and onto the card issuing bank. We should have the updated module finished by the end of June.

Finally, if there is enough interest in the Shopping.com/Bizrate/Shopzilla ROI & Voting module; then we'll get this modulised and released.

Adam

Ah cool. It's interesting to hear what the "Verified by Visa & Mastercard SecureCode" is all about.

I must say the best move Devellion Ltd has done was to switch from the appauling service of 2Checkout to HSBC. HSBC was a real PITA to get setup but one all done it was worth all the hard works and weeks of waiting for them to sort out paperwork.

Ah cool. It's interesting to hear what the "Verified by Visa & Mastercard SecureCode" is all about.

I must say the best move Devellion Ltd has done was to switch from the appauling service of 2Checkout to HSBC. HSBC was a real PITA to get setup but one all done it was worth all the hard works and weeks of waiting for them to sort out paperwork.

Yup the wait with HSBC is pretty long, but definately worthwhile.

We've also been working very closely with BluePay in the States, and look forward to bringing their services to Europe later this year. The team at BluePay really make setting up merchant services a hastle free process.

• 3 months later...

Verified by Visa & Mastercard SecureCode are now implemented. Updated HSBC module is available free of charge over on cubecart.org :(

Guest Odin Wright

Wow!!!!!!

That doesn't even look like CC. Totally Original and professional...

I hope I can get my CC site to look as good as that.

Odin

Guest ohlavache

Yep, I agree with the other reviewers. It's fab. Doesn't look like it is cubecart at all. I'd buy from this site. Excellent. Good colour scheme, interesting layout technique with the swooshes and rounded header and footer. Really inspiring use of cube cart. I'll endeavour to try out more original designs after seeing this layout.

There is a minor point - I use mostly safari on mac and some of the headings are kind of not visible (see image). But it is fine in firefox. Depends if you are that bothered about a v small % of users.

Yep, I agree with the other reviewers. It's fab. Doesn't look like it is cubecart at all. I'd buy from this site. Excellent. Good colour scheme, interesting layout technique with the swooshes and rounded header and footer. Really inspiring use of cube cart. I'll endeavour to try out more original designs after seeing this layout.

There is a minor point - I use mostly safari on mac and some of the headings are kind of not visible (see image). But it is fine in firefox. Depends if you are that bothered about a v small % of users.

Once again thank you for all the fantastic comments.

We are of course bothered about the smallest % of users. I've added your report to the design task list. Many thanks for spotting that :-)

Cheers,

Adam