Did search, still an install problem.

Guest epressive

Guest epressive

I have searched about the following problem;

WARNING - Your store will not function until the install directory and/or upgrade.php is deleted from the server."

I have gone in and deleted the install folder after my upload to my public_html/store directory. I have also deleted everything and uploaded the upload folder, minus the install folder.

I can't find an upgrade.php on my uploaded webspace. Am I missing something? I'm using version 3.10

thanks

You're supposed to upload the contents of the upload folder, not the upload folder itself. If it's still saying install or upgrade is there, it probably is. Double check to see that it's gone. Several FTP programs don't like to delete non-empty folders. That could be the problem. It's hard to say.

:huh:

Guest epressive

I deleted everything and changed my FTP program over to filezilla. I then uploaded the contents of the upload folder (admin, etc) to a new directory, titled shop. I then changed over pub/tmp and the other files to 777. I then deleted the install folder. Is there anything else that I need to change?

The index file or one of the others is NOT uploaded properly. Re-upload that and try again.

Uhh...in looking around further, I'm not sure your server even supports PHP. What kind of server is it? I tried to go into the admin and got all kinds of weirdness there too.

:huh:

Guest epressive

The index file or one of the others is NOT uploaded properly. Re-upload that and try again.

Uhh...in looking around further, I'm not sure your server even supports PHP. What kind of server is it? I tried to go into the admin and got all kinds of weirdness there too.

:)

Sorry for the late reply, I went away for the weekend. My server is Enain and according to them, the package that I have supports PHP and MySQL Database. I deleted everything again and reopened it in a new folder, named shop2. Is this basically a problem with my web host server? If so, should I search out another provider?

Guest epressive

Have you changed the paths in your includes/global.inc file to reflect the directory changes?

Changed the paths? I don't think so, I'm not sure how. All that I have done is changed the 4 required files to 777 as per your video instructions. Do I have to do something else to the global.inc file?

your global.inc file contains the paths to your store, both the url and server path, database name,user name and password. If any of these have changed you must reflect those changes in this file. It is located in your 'includes' folder. Since you have changed the location of your store files twice you must now edit this file (in notepad) and upload it or there is no way for the web to find your site.

Guest epressive

I must admit that I'm clueless. I downloaded the global file from my FTP server and it is below;

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = '';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '';

$glob['installed'] = '0';

$glob['rootDir'] = '';

$glob['rootRel'] = '';

$glob['storeURL'] = '';

?>

It's all blank. What would I put in for my database name, etc. I haven't been able to load anything as of yet.