Help with Link Point Connect

Guest socrates_777

Guest socrates_777

I am very new to the Ecommerce area. I have designed several websites, all in html , and I have learn a little cgi and perl but not enough to write my own scripts yet. Just enough to modify already written ones. Anyway, I have a resellers zoom account and a website that handles ecommerce on that resellers account. The control panel of my resellers account comes with an installation of Cube Cart. I currently have v3.0.10 installed. I have a hand full of products added and have set up my sales and taxes. I went to the payment gateway modules and saw linkpoint.

I then called up linkpoint and bought an account. After that I configured Cube Cart with my merchant ID and set it for default. I went through a purchase and when it sends me from my Cube Cart to the Linkpoint site I get a form processing error.

Linkpoint said that I needed to add the html page that the order is coming from in order to use the "connect" version of linkpoint. I don't know what the url is though. I have tried "/cube/cart.php" and "/cube/cart.php?act=step5". Neither has worked. Does anyone know what the url should be? thanks.

Guest socrates_777

Am I asking this correctly? I find it hard to believe that this is not a known issue. Are any support people reading this thread? What do I need to do to get some help? Where do I need to go? Or is help not avaiable fo this shopping cart?

Guest socrates_777

Thank you for letting me know. I did not realize that you needed to purchase to get support. I will try your suggestion and also purchase a license.

• 1 year later...

I am very new to the Ecommerce area. I have designed several websites, all in html , and I have learn a little cgi and perl but not enough to write my own scripts yet. Just enough to modify already written ones. Anyway, I have a resellers zoom account and a website that handles ecommerce on that resellers account. The control panel of my resellers account comes with an installation of Cube Cart. I currently have v3.0.10 installed. I have a hand full of products added and have set up my sales and taxes. I went to the payment gateway modules and saw linkpoint.

I then called up linkpoint and bought an account. After that I configured Cube Cart with my merchant ID and set it for default. I went through a purchase and when it sends me from my Cube Cart to the Linkpoint site I get a form processing error.

Linkpoint said that I needed to add the html page that the order is coming from in order to use the "connect" version of linkpoint. I don't know what the url is though. I have tried "/cube/cart.php" and "/cube/cart.php?act=step5". Neither has worked. Does anyone know what the url should be? thanks.

Hi dude, I'm having the exact same problem, did you find out what the url is to get Linkpoint Connect working, you are the only one I've seen that knows anything about this, any help will be muchly good, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

same problem for me too

Hi dude, I'm having the exact same problem, did you find out what the url is to get Linkpoint Connect working, you are the only one I've seen that knows anything about this, any help will be muchly good, thanks.

Anyone know the phone number to call (real person) at LinkPoint or whatever the company is?

I have tried two different phone numbers (one from website and one from bill statement) and never got to the person at LinkPoint. My god... too many damn recording messages.

Bill statement: 1-877-274-7915

I'm trying to terminate my account since I do not need it anymore.

Guest jhillhouse

Bill statement: 1-877-274-7915

Call that number then press 1 for english when prompted, then when it starts into the directory press 0.

If anyone has found some knowledge about the original question on this site, I am having the same problem and would like to figure out how to resolve it also. The Tech support for Link Point don't seem to be any help. They just told me that it should be working after putting in the URL, I did the final url also with step=5 listed. Nothing, just errors processing it when it connects to the Linkpoint Connect site.

Guest jhillhouse

Check out this site, I found it doing a search on these forums, it cleared up most of my problems.

http://www.error1002.com/carts/cubecart.php

Disregard my last post on finding a solution.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chsirecat

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been ready to throw my computer out the window and I have called tech support a few times and they tried to walk me thru it with their help info which doesn't match this info AT ALL!!!!

You Rock!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kwcraft

I wanted to add my experiences to this post, as I spent the last week trying to get linkpoint connect working. I was successful (-- Although I have not gone through a full purchase to test it --) Heres what I've done:

1. The Merchant ID in the Gateway Module is your Store ID, not your merchant number. We had the merchant number and were getting error 1002. Changed to store ID fixed it.

2. Country Code error when we got to the shopping cart. A post on here suggested to change line 108 in the transfer.inc.php file from CountryName to CountryISO. This fixed the error we received.

3. When you put your cart info into the Linkpoint Connect config, the path name should match whats in the browser. We had typed it in by hand and transposed 2 letters. Just a tip.

So far we're up and running with Linkpoint. I will try processing a full order tomorrow.

Guest kusogaki

Wow, that site fixed it for me good. Thanks also to kwcraft for the suggestion about transfer.inc.php. I wonder why it causes an error though?

Another question though this is probably with all non-integrated gateways, but is there a way to not get forced on to the payment gateway site? What I mean, is that when the user selects payment method, it automatically takes the user to the gateway, correct? But if I were to click the back button (ie. have a change of heart and not want to buy or whatever the reason) it just brings you back to that transfer screen. Is there a way to disable it or is it a matter of changing some settings on the gateway side to not jump to that particular page?

• 9 months later...
Guest Derek Crager

Thank you for the detailed list.

I have one more error. I receive this after submitting on LinkPoint page.

Error: No payment gateway variable is set!

Any suggestion?

Derek

I wanted to add my experiences to this post, as I spent the last week trying to get linkpoint connect working. I was successful (-- Although I have not gone through a full purchase to test it --) Heres what I've done:

1. The Merchant ID in the Gateway Module is your Store ID, not your merchant number. We had the merchant number and were getting error 1002. Changed to store ID fixed it.

2. Country Code error when we got to the shopping cart. A post on here suggested to change line 108 in the transfer.inc.php file from CountryName to CountryISO. This fixed the error we received.

3. When you put your cart info into the Linkpoint Connect config, the path name should match whats in the browser. We had typed it in by hand and transposed 2 letters. Just a tip.

So far we're up and running with Linkpoint. I will try processing a full order tomorrow.