Will Microsoft Access 2003 work with CC3

Guest dlp-software

Guest dlp-software

Hi all

Does anyone have any knowledge to know if Microsoft Access 2003 will work with CubeCart 3. I only ask as i have the program and it is just sitting around.

If anyone does know maybe they can share their views.

Thanks

Richard

Guest dlp-software

Thanks for the advice. I notice that there is a version (fee payable) and am woudering if this is an easy mod to implemement & use into CC3.

My experience is limited with this sort of software, but what i ahve learnt is they can be quite intense.

So can someone tell me a liitle on that please.

Thanks

Richard

I'm not sure what you're asking Richard. Are you asking about paying for CubeCart? You can, and are encouraged to, but it is not a necessity. Set it up and use it. Decide if it's right for you (it probably will be). Then once you're happy, pay for it. That's the beauty of the CubeCart license. :D

:)

Guest chantesse

Does anyone have any knowledge to know if Microsoft Access 2003 will work with CubeCart 3. I only ask as i have the program and it is just sitting around.

The question really is: Will Access 2003 work with MySQL (Cubecart's database). Allegedly it will, try Googling for "Access 2003" and MySQL or "Microsoft Access" and MySQL. I was curious about the same question a while back and found this article:

Using Microsoft Access with MySQL

That would potentially allow an Access DB to interact with the MySQL DB, but would not do anything for your store as CubeCart is written to use MySQL.

Now, could a person rewrite the DB class in CubeCart and make it function? Perhaps, but I'd say only if Access or whatever other DB you chose to use supported the same SQL structure that MySQL does under PHP. Otherwise, you'd find yourself tweaking hundreds if not thousands of individual database calls.

Oh, just as an FYI, there are 1860+ "SELECT" calls, 830+ "UPDATE" calls, 840+ "INSERT" calls, and 610+ "DELETE" calls in 3.0.10. :D

:)