'Beginning to feel invisible--3 questions unanswered

Guest fridaydreamer

Guest fridaydreamer

I really am beginning to feel invisible--I am not getting answers to my questions and I can't open my store until I solve these problems--Somebody PLEASE HELP!!

1) I have seen it mentioned in more than one post that there is supposed to be a free mod for setting different shipping amounts based either on total purchase or number of items--I don't care which. All I can find is the $17 one under commercial, but I can't find anything free. Am I just not recognizing it by it's description or what? Can someone please help me find this free mod???

2) I want to disable the customers ability to Right-Click then Save my images for my products, since it is my photography and art work (I already use web resolution images with a watermark to discourage this, so this would just be one more layer of protection of my work). Where would I go to insert the JavaScript to do that? Can it go in one place that will cover my whole site, or will it need to be embedded in every product?

3) I don't know why I can't figure it out, it's probably unbelievably obvious, but can someone post a simple tuturial on how to back up my full CC site?? When I tried to just download everything, it wouldn't work due to some inability to open the .php files. Please tell me there is a simple straighforward method to back up my site!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!!

Shaunie

2) I want to disable the customers ability to Right-Click then Save my images for my products, since it is my photography and art work (I already use web resolution images with a watermark to discourage this, so this would just be one more layer of protection of my work). Where would I go to insert the JavaScript to do that? Can it go in one place that will cover my whole site, or will it need to be embedded in every product?

Disabling right-clicks to stop people saving images won't work.. How about people using screen capture, or people that have disabled Javascript, not forgetting that the pictures will also be in their internet cache.

If they can view it, its very simple to save it as a file.

Watermarking is by far the best way to go -and as you've already done that, I think you'll be wasting your time adding Javascript to disable the right-click.

Jason

Guest fridaydreamer

1) Got to cubecart.org, click on Free Mods then search for 'shipping', if there is a free one then it will come up.

I did that, but I don't know what name it's under--none of the descriptions sound like what I'm looking for and I just thought that since two different people had mentioned that it was available, someone might be able to give me (and the other person that was looking for the same thing with no luck) the name of it or some more specific information.

3) The best way to backup your store is through your hosting panel. Again, we cant advise you how because we dont know which, out of 100's of Control Panels your store could be using, how to do it. Alternatively you can download the contents of your 'html' directory from your ftp program. There is a guide on how to backup your database at the very top of this forum which is called " Quick Tutorial on how to back up and restore your database", did you look at it??

Yes, I did look at the guide you mentioned--I did that before I asked this question twice (I'm trying very hard not to believe that you meant that in a condescending tone). The guide was what got me wondering how to back up my site. It only gives the steps to backing up my database, which is helpful and I will do that, but I wanted a similar guide on how to back up my entire cubecart store. I guess I erroneously thought that this would be the place to ask the question, but since it isn't I'll try to figure it out with the help of my web host.

Thank you for at least posting a reply.

Shaunie

Disabling right-clicks to stop people saving images won't work.. How about people using screen capture, or people that have disabled Javascript, not forgetting that the pictures will also be in their internet cache.

If they can view it, its very simple to save it as a file.

Watermarking is by far the best way to go -and as you've already done that, I think you'll be wasting your time adding Javascript to disable the right-click.

Jason

Thank you Jason,

This was very helpful information and has prevented me from spinning my wheels any longer on this question. Thanks again!

Shaunie

Here is how I back up my site:

1. download all files using ftp

2. backup my database to a file from my hosts control panel/phpMyAdmin

If you need more direction than that please PM me.

Regarding the free shipping mod, I have PM'd you.

Guest vrakas

Easyest way to perform a full backup is always through your hosts control panel.

ex. Via my panel i can perform a full backup that includes the database, the site and even the emails with the accounts or can exclude this if i wish to.

Then i just D/L the file to my PC and if i need something just exctact what i need (this i do usually when i screw things up LOL )

Usually all panels have this option unless it has been disabled ;)

Ask your hosting providers if they have disabled it, some do ;)