zip code extension problem

Guest dgocof

Guest dgocof

When customers enter the 4 digit zip extension (-1234)in their file and it show up in the checkout shipping address the cart will not calculate shipping charge or designate a method. Anyone else have this problem.

Also has anyone figured out the shipping options order to make ground shipping come up as default.

Guest Angelfire

When customers enter the 4 digit zip extension (-1234)in their file and it show up in the checkout shipping address the cart will not calculate shipping charge or designate a method. Anyone else have this problem.

Also has anyone figured out the shipping options order to make ground shipping come up as default.

I'm not sure how this works, but I'm using a mod that does "shipping by postal code" that I found in the commercial mods section on cubecart.org and it calculates perfectly, it also offers several other options, 2 shipping services, which can be enabled or disabled, as many zones as you need, by subtotal or weight, etc. You should go over to .org and take a look.

Hope this helps,

-Michele

Guest dgocof

I'm not sure how this works, but I'm using a mod that does "shipping by postal code" that I found in the commercial mods section on cubecart.org and it calculates perfectly, it also offers several other options, 2 shipping services, which can be enabled or disabled, as many zones as you need, by subtotal or weight, etc. You should go over to .org and take a look.

Hope this helps,

-Michele

Does this module tie into UPS. I didn't mention this in the first post. We tie to the UPS site for UPS rates. I looked in org and could not find the mod by this name Michele. "shipping by postal code" I looked in Shipping mods section. Who is the author?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dgocof

Wish I knew. I think the only way to get rid of the problem is to have the customer delete their account and reenter without the extention. A customer tried to delete the extension and the program wouldn't let them. This isn't the only bug we have found.