Password Request Keeps Failing?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Password Request Keeps Failing? Help Please

If you have managed to forget your admin password and for some reason you cannot get the "Reset Password" function to work please follow this process:

1. Access your database using a tool such as phpMyAdmin and browser the table CubeCart_admin_users. It should contain the list of administrator accounts to access the admin interface of your store.

2. We need to now create a file to show us what the md5 hash of the password you require should be.

Using notepad make a file with content:

<?php

echo md5("password");

?>

3. Replace password with your desired password.

4. Save this file as md5.php and upload it to your webserver.

5. Execute this in your browser and copy the output.

6. Edit the admin user with phpMyAdmin and paste this output into their password field.

If done successfully then you should now be able to access the admin interface of your store.

md5.php

Guest the firefly

Password Request Keeps Failing? Help Please

If you have managed to forget your admin password and for some reason you cannot get the "Reset Password" function to work please follow this process:

1. Access your database using a tool such as phpMyAdmin and browser the table CubeCart_admin_users. It should contain the list of administrator accounts to access the admin interface of your store.

2. We need to now create a file to show us what the md5 hash of the password you require should be.

Using notepad make a file with content:

<?php

echo md5("password");

?>

3. Replace password with your desired password.

4. Save this file as md5.php and upload it to your webserver.

5. Execute this in your browser and copy the output.

6. Edit the admin user with phpMyAdmin and paste this output into their password field.

If done successfully then you should now be able to access the admin interface of your store.

Guest the firefly

Hi, my password is correct however wont work!?! it wont reset either.

I AM STUCK at Step 6:. I dont know where to add the output.

where exactly? I can see I'm blind and stupid.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GToucher

Same story- password correct but can not login...

4. Save this file as md5.php and upload it to your webserver.- In public_html?

5. Execute this in your browser and copy the output.- Execute what, md5.php?

6. Edit the admin user with phpMyAdmin and paste this output into their password field.- Completely lost

Can anyone to spend a little more time to explain it more understandable for "simple" people. Please?

Whats happen with old password? Where is it stored? Why I can not just change that old password and upload file on server?

Guest auwinner

Dear All,

Kindly could someone give me a suggestion ASAP for the following problem?

I did not set password for the home page, but it ask for password by itself, does it means someone hacked in my system? and how to disable this request?

Guest the firefly

Dear All,

Kindly could someone give me a suggestion ASAP for the following problem?

I did not set password for the home page, but it ask for password by itself, does it means someone hacked in my system? and how to disable this request?

I just wanted to let you know I had to have expert help from Roban. I still have no idea what happened or how to fix it, as he did it for me. ( thanks, again) I would also like to know what happened so I dont do it again!

I didnt want you sitting on the forum thinking no one cared. The people on the cc forum are excellent.. sit tight someone will help.

Guest jryan61

I'm having the same problem. The error message I keep getting is "No administration session was found." I know my username and password, but nothing happens. When I try to reset the password it dosn't work either.

I've followed the steps and created md5.php, however where do I place this file? I haven't found any file with that name to overwright it.

Thanks,

John

The quickest way to set new password up using myPhpAdmin

Step1: Open the myPhpAdmin, select the appropriate database and select the admin table rows.

step1.gif

Step2: Select the row with desidered admin username.

step2.gif

Step3: Select MD5 from function drop down, fill your new password and save settings.

step3.gif

Done :D

Guest jryan61

Thanks Convict, but it isn't working. I've uninstalled cube, reinstalled it, changed directories, follwed your instructions, I've cleared catch, cookies etc. Still all I get is No administration session was found.

I’m evaluating this for a few clients, and myself. I really need to get a working model up.

Thanks,

John

Step1: Open the myPhpAdmin, select the appropriate database and select the admin table rows.

step1.gif

step2.gif

Step3: Select MD5 from function drop down, fill your new password and save settings.

step3.gif

Done :D

Thanks Convict, but it isn't working. I've uninstalled cube, reinstalled it, changed directories, follwed your instructions, I've cleared catch, cookies etc. Still all I get is No administration session was found.

I’m evaluating this for a few clients, and myself. I really need to get a working model up.

Thanks,

John

Well, you need to get a working model of CubeCart up, if no any tutorial how to change the admin pass doesnt help.

Server side:

Php

Database

Sessions

Client side:

Well made includes/global.inc.php variables

Browser cookies enabled

JavaScript enabled

Hope all is there LOL

Guest Aljen

This is happening to more people also. I was in my admin area last night,

nothing has changed, the password is correct, I even reinstalled all software.

Get the same stupid message.

No administration session was found.

I've done all of the below suggestions. They don't work. Nothing changed

on the server, nothing changed in the software installed, but I can no longer

access the admin area.

I even went to a different computer.

Aljenn

Guest jryan61

I've resolved the problem. It was my firewall. For some reason my firewall does not like any of the shopping cart programs I've installed. I use ZoneAlarm Suite, and when I turn it off I have no problem at all.

John

This is happening to more people also. I was in my admin area last night,

nothing has changed, the password is correct, I even reinstalled all software.

Get the same stupid message.

No administration session was found.

I've done all of the below suggestions. They don't work. Nothing changed

on the server, nothing changed in the software installed, but I can no longer

access the admin area.

I even went to a different computer.

Aljenn

I've resolved the problem. It was my firewall. For some reason my firewall does not like any of the shopping cart programs I've installed. I use ZoneAlarm Suite, and when I turn it off I have no problem at all.

John

Seems to be blocked session cookies. Please have a look into Privacy/Cookie control.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest jonfish

I have done everthing recommended. All solutions result in the same outcome:

Login Failed! Either the username or password was incorrect.

I have been in phpMyAdmin made all the corrections - still username and password doesn't work. I have created a new user within phpMyAdmin:

username: admin

Password: admin

Still no good. I have spent alot of hours getting this site exactly the way we wanted it and now suddenly I can't access the administrative end of the site... loseing faith in cubecart fast... help.

step1.gif

step2.gif

step3.gif

Done :(

• 2 weeks later...

I think this would be worthy of a pinned post Roban ;)

This would be a good Pin if it directly addressed Resetting a lost Admin password only, but it appears that there are mixed issues occurring.

Password Request Keeps Failing? IMHO is an entirely different issue from what is being described by people.

My issue may be different but follows their theme:

"Unable to access "ORDERS" after a successful login with an admin account" would be my post title.

Situation: I have several live client CC sites that I am currently locked out of - All Paid licenses :)

CubeCart Version: 3.0.12

1. Able to log into admin.

1a. Every menu item in the admin panel works except Orders.

2. But we are unable to access the 'Orders' menu item without being presented with another admin login screen loading within the page.

At this point, the following menus are clickable:

* Admin Home

* Store Home

* Server Info

* Admin Sessions

but all the rest are grayed out.

2a. All attempts to login to this extra admin login screen loading within the page fail.

3. Additional users can be created but they are unable to login.

I suspect a browser cookie or session issue but I have added the sites to the 'allowed' areas in both FireFox and IE (6.0) which worked the last time this problem occurred a few months ago. CC has been upgraded, FireFox 2.0 is new so...

My suggestions:

1. Have a moderator/admin move this post to a fresh topic and weed out the responses appropriately.

(two topics would make the responses valuable and eliminate the post hi-jacking I think is occurring)

or let me know and I'll gladly repost with a new title and ax my commentary.

"Unable to access "ORDERS" after a successful login with an admin account"

This may be an important topic and I could sure use some help. My client got email notification of orders at 8:00 PM tonight and if I can't get them in to see details...

Same problem...when I try to log in I don't get an error message, just the same empty log in screen keeps coming back on the screen. I have gone through all the recommend steps but still not working.

Sometimes I get this message below the login box before attempting login, "Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0".

I have no idea what that means. I am having other problems on my site but can't even get into the admin to see what's going on.

@ teknia this is pure session issue NOT an admin password.

Please check your site URL is correct defined. The issue ocurs the site URL in your include/global.inc.php is without www in site name and you do site access with www in URL and counter.

@ jodyg

Please check your $glob['rootRel'] value in includes/global.inc.php it cannot be empty.

I posted you the path to the file - include/global.inc.php. Just search the store root folder on your site. The

Store root folder is the one that contains files named admin, classes, docs, extra, images, includes, js, language, modules, pear and skins. Go to includes folder and open global.inc.php file

Guest skydiver

Hello people,

it seems that i have the same admin access problem as everybody else.

I must admit i have'nt yet tried the mp5.php thingy as i noticed that more than one possible solution could be the answer.

I noticed towards the end of this thread that convict said to check the $glob['rootRel'] within the include/global.inc.php

I would like to do this but my store is held within a subdomain http://paragifts.intermedia-services.fr

any suggestions would be a great help.

Please note that although my site is going to be mainly French based at the begining, other languages will be put into place, and myself, i am English so no problem understanding your replies.

Thanks in advance

skydiver

Hello people,

it seems that i have the same admin access problem as everybody else.

I must admit i have'nt yet tried the mp5.php thingy as i noticed that more than one possible solution could be the answer.

I noticed towards the end of this thread that convict said to check the $glob['rootRel'] within the include/global.inc.php

I would like to do this but my store is held within a subdomain http://paragifts.intermedia-services.fr

any suggestions would be a great help.

Please note that although my site is going to be mainly French based at the begining, other languages will be put into place, and myself, i am English so no problem understanding your replies.

Thanks in advance

skydiver

Just create a temporary admin and send me the access data via PM will be checking...

• 3 months later...
Guest compounder

step1.gif

step2.gif

step3.gif

Done :)

Thank you very much I did it. The screen shots really helped. I was having trouble finding the phpmyadmin but it was in my MySQL data base and i needed to scroll down. lol