Change Default Font Colour

Guest Maxine

Guest Quantum

I know you mentioned default font, but which one?

As ansuk rightly said these are all controlled by the ccs style sheets, but you need to know which style controls which font. For instance on the main page of the site I am developing, I am using several different styles depending on the font use.

If you can tell me what part of the page you want changing I will point you in the right direction - I think! lol.....I have only been using cc3 for 1 week, but it is really easy once you have played with it for a bit.

Guest Maxine

I know you mentioned default font, but which one?

As ansuk rightly said these are all controlled by the ccs style sheets, but you need to know which style controls which font. For instance on the main page of the site I am developing, I am using several different styles depending on the font use.

If you can tell me what part of the page you want changing I will point you in the right direction - I think! lol.....I have only been using cc3 for 1 week, but it is really easy once you have played with it for a bit.

Hi,

Thanks, I've figured it out in the style sheet already.

But i'm still trying to make some changes like the hyperlinks colour and also trying to remove the white space at the search button.

F.Y.I the website is http://www.chouettez.com/shop/

Thanks!

and also trying to remove the white space at the search button.

That gif is only intended for white backgrounds. However, I modded it for your black background... providing you keep it black (You're using a theme based upon the Killer template, so you can find the original button here: \skins\Killer\styleImages\buttons) Add .bak to the original button file name to preserve it or just rewrite over it. Copy your new one below (rename the gif file to searchSubmit.gif). :unsure:

But i'm still trying to make some changes like the hyperlinks colour

Also, if you (or anyone else, for that matter) are still confused about changing appropriate colors... try this: Web Color Codes, you can enter all the color codes(from style.css) into the Hex/RGB Conversion box and find out what color they relate to and then you can go back into your style.css and change them to whatever color you want.

Guest Quantum

a.txtLink and a.txtLink:hover in the style.css file are the ones you need to change to alter your links and rollover links font colour. Hope this helps.

Guest Maxine

Hi,

By the way, do u know y some buttons do not change when mouse over? and some buttons, e.g. the search - GO button, when mouse over, the mouse does not change too.

And can the "Buy" & "More" & "Add to basket" buttons colour be changed?

Thanks!

Guest Maxine

Erm, another question,

do u know how to change the font colour in the popular products & sale items box to get the numbering out again?

And is it possible to change the colour or underline the top tab links (Homepage|Test Category|Sale Items) when mouse over?

Thanks!

Guest Quantum

By the way, do u know y some buttons do not change when mouse over?

This is to do with the css class of button in question. Some buttons do not have a :hover rollover attribute which allows you to have a seperate condition applied [like a colour change] when the mouse is placed over the object, in this case your button.

However, I have the same problem as you, and as yet I haven't managed to work this one out.

And can the "Buy" & "More" & "Add to basket" buttons colour be changed?

Yes, they can all be changed. These are controlled by the a.txtButton and a.txtButton:hover css classes, in the style.css file.

do u know how to change the font colour in the popular products & sale items box to get the numbering out again?

I am not too sure what you mean here, but generally the font in these boxes are links. If this is what you mean then these are controlled by the .txtDefault, a.txtDefault, a.txtLink, a.txtLocation and a.txtDefault:hover, a.txtLink:hover, a.txtLocation:hover classes in the style.css file

And is it possible to change the colour or underline the top tab links (Homepage|Test Category|Sale Items) when mouse over?

It is possible to do many things with css files, and what you are asking for is easy. I haven't looked at what controls these links, because that is your homework for tonight :) To be shown everything would make it too easy for you. However if you really are struggling then let me know.

Here are some tips. Just try changing a few classes and see what changes, you might be able to work out what changes what from the name. Also, look in the .tpl files, and look for the class="<name>" line, then find that class in the css file.

Good luck.

Guest Maxine

Hi,

Thank you so much again!

I manged to change underline the (homepage|Test category|Sale Items) when mouse over already! :)

But i still can't figure out how to show the the listing in the Popular Products & Sale Items box.

Before i made the changes, the orginal skin shows like this:

Popular Products

1. Pooh Bear

2. Test Product

3. Rim

Sale Items

1. Rim

Save $100.00

2. Test Product

Save $3.01

3. Pooh Bear

Save $1.00

Now, the numberings r gone...

Please help me if u can figure the problem out. Thank you!

Guest Quantum

Are you saying that you have lost the sale price? Or lost the numbers in front of the product, i.e 1., 2., 3.?

Sorry I still do not understand what you mean by numbering.

Guest Maxine

Are you saying that you have lost the sale price? Or lost the numbers in front of the product, i.e 1., 2., 3.?

Sorry I still do not understand what you mean by numbering.

Hee.. maybe i wasn't clear enought..

Ya, i've lost the numbers in front of the product, i.e 1., 2., 3.

Instead of having:

Popular Products

1. Pooh Bear

2. Test Product

3. Rim

Sale Items

1. Rim

Save $100.00

2. Test Product

Save $3.01

3. Pooh Bear

Save $1.00

It is like this now:

Popular Products

Pooh Bear

Test Product

Rim

Sale Items

Rim

Save $100.00

Test Product

Save $3.01

Pooh Bear

Save $1.00

Hope it's clearer now. :)

Guest Quantum

ansuk was just too quick for me :):)

Also, just check to make sure that you haven't accidentally deleted the li.num class from the templates, as this will stop the numbers being displayed [i think]. Maybe the numbers might just change to a default font thinking about it, but check anyway.

Guest Quantum

You are welcome, and here is a quick tip regarding changing your code. Just make a copy of your skins directory and then you can play to your hearts content with the original version. If you do make a mistake you have always got the copies to go back to.

Also, once you have made a change, you can always "undo" the change you have made by clicking "undo" in your editor, or select "CTRL+Z" to do the same. Even if you have saved your file, it will still roll back so changes are never for ever unless you are happy with the result.