Change location of just 1 sitedoc link

HI,

I want to put the site doc 'Sitemap' at the top of my webpage, and I don't need the link showing with the rest of the site doc links. How can i do this?

Many thanks

S xx

Skins/your skin/styleTemplates/boxes/siteDoc.tpl

<!-- BEGIN: site_docs -->

<div class="siteDocs">

<!-- BEGIN: a -->

<a href="index.php?act=viewDoc&amp;docId={DATA.doc_id}" class="txtSiteDocs">{DATA.doc_name}</a>

<!-- BEGIN: sep --><span class="txtSiteDocs"></span><!-- END: sep -->

<!-- END: a -->

<span class="txtSiteDocs"></span>

<a href="your link" class="txtSiteDocs">Site Map</a>

</div>

<!-- END: site_docs -->

Thanks for your your reply. I did what you suggested but it hasn't made any difference. I don't think I explained myself clearly.

I have a site doc called Sitemap. The link for it is with all the other site docs on my website.

I don't want the link for this sitedoc to be showing with all the others, I want it somewhere else. I know how to put in a new link for it but I dont know how to get remove the currrent link for it which is with all the other sitedocs.

Hope this makes sense,

Sharon xx

Hope this makes sense,

Sharon xx

Sort of! Would it be with all the others in admin control panel/site documents?

I hadn't thought about it? I suppose the other way for me to look at it is to ask how to make another page that fits in with the rest of the site but isn't a site doc. Would that be a better question?

Ultimately the result I want is a page I can put the sitemap on, with the link to the page at the top of the website.

Many thanks for your patience!

The way I do this is to create a site document but don't name it and that way it will not appear on your site document list. You'll have to open it in your browser and make a note of the url. You can then link to it.

The way I do this is to create a site document but don't name it and that way it will not appear on your site document list. You'll have to open it in your browser and make a note of the url. You can then link to it.

Thanks, that's brilliant!

Just what I wanted :D

• 1 month later...