Shipping by weight

Hi

I am trying to setup the shipping by weight option without any succes. I have one product at 12kg and have entered what I think is correct in the shipping section .but it does add a value to the shipping section.

Can someone show me a screen shot how this should be filled in?

Wayne

Guest valencia

Hi

I am trying to setup the shipping by weight option without any succes. I have one product at 12kg and have entered what I think is correct in the shipping section .but it does add a value to the shipping section.

Wayne

No screen shots but it should look like this in the field under shipping by weight.

Assume the numbers before the colon are the weights in kilograms and the number after the colon are the dollar amounts.

1:2.50,5:7.50,12:10.00,15:22.00

Basically this info breaks down to the following:

Up to 1kg, $2.50 will be charged

More than 1 kg and up to 5kg, $7.50 will be charged

More than 5 kg and up to 12kg, $10.00 will be charged

More than 12 kg and up to 15kg, $22.00 will be charged and so on

You set your weight levels and the dollar amount to be charged for each weight range. For each zone you can set up multiple shipping classes by adjusting the weight range or dollar amount in each field.

So Class 1 ( e.g. your express shipping ) : 1:2.50,5:7.50,12:10.00,15:22.00

While Class 2 ( e.g. your regular shipping ): 1:1.00,5:4.50,12:8.00,15:16.00

• 1 month later...

What if you wanted to make anything weighing between zero and one kg ship zero? i can't figure it out. say you had a certain sku that was featured as coming with free shipping, and you try to make it weigh little/nothing and thus ship for nothing. the system rejects it for some reaso. any ideas?

Hi

Wayne

No screen shots but it should look like this in the field under shipping by weight.

Assume the numbers before the colon are the weights in kilograms and the number after the colon are the dollar amounts.

You set your weight levels and the dollar amount to be charged for each weight range. For each zone you can set up multiple shipping classes by adjusting the weight range or dollar amount in each field.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RaMi Meraabi

Hi

Wayne

Sir ,

my shipping cost is like this follows

first KG cost 19$ every additiobal Kilo cost another 9$

e.g 1kg shipping 19$

2kg shipping cost 27$

any help please

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Excalibur3109

I to am having problems with this. When an order is placed I get:

No shipping method setup for your country. Please contact us to see if we can make an alternative arrangement.

I have the country setup as GB in Zone1 Countries, i've evan tried GBR and UK!! I've just upgraded to the latest version if thats any help!

Guest Excalibur3109

I think I know why i'm getting the problem listed above, i've been playing with the "Shipping By Weight" trying to get it to show "Courier" which I managed to do, BUT when I go to the checkout most of the time it says:

"No shipping method setup for your country. Please contact us to see if we can make an alternative arrangement."

Sometimes though it does let me go into the checkout and all the way to the Paypal page, but i'm not experienced enough to see which part of the coding is wrong etc. Is there a Mod/Admin who could look into the coding I have used?

Check out the pics to see what I have done:

th_cartwivcou.gif

th_couinsettings.gif

Guest Excalibur3109

Can anyone tell me which files I need to change besides calc.php and index.php if I want Courier and other postal rates to show (i'm using Shipping by Weight.) I think I have nearly cracked it, but I want to make sure that theres only the 2 files I need to change. I also get the above error sometimes when I go to the Cart.

Also, if I wanted to give my customers Special Delivery as a postage option could I put that as an option or should I just put Special.

• 6 months later...
Guest DEI Direct Sales

I need help!!

I plan to just ship my products in my country but with different counties. Shipping charges vary per county! How do I do that? :(

Thanks!