Magazine Subscription Store

Guest metallic07039

Guest metallic07039

I would appricate your thoughts on the design and usability.

One thing im concerned about is that the categories on the left are not visable enough for users.

The design was customized by myself (this is the Killer skin). Most of the mods were obtained from this forum and the .org forum and some are programmed by myself (feel free to ask me how I did it if you need).

Also let me know what you think about the product page.

Anyways here is the link:

http://www.magazinepal.com

Thanks!

Guest vrakas

Looks nice but i did suggest you to move some boxes from the one side to the other so they are more equal :(

PS: i see you registered it, very nice :D

Guest metallic07039

Looks nice but i did suggest you to move some boxes from the one side to the other so they are more equal :D

PS: i see you registered it, very nice :)

Thanks.

As promised! :-)

Nice although your shopping cart page is a mess in FireFox ;)

Oh I think you caught it when I was getting an error. I had a problem with my SSL certificate which is now fixed. :(

Do you mind taking another look to make sure? Don't worry this isn't a ploy to get more traffic, lol!

Guest rksprst

The site looks nice, but I noticed that your SSL certificate is issued by yourself. That might save you money, but it doesn't inspire trust... and I personally wouldn't buy from you because of that. You might want to invest the money in a certificate from a company that would be trusted, i.e. VeriSign. Other than that, good job, the site looks good and it works.

Guest Brivtech

The site looks nice, but I noticed that your SSL certificate is issued by yourself.

Actually, the SSL certificate is a high-encryption one that verifies the site that it belongs to. If you click on it, it gives further information about the issuer, which personally, would make me more than secure to shop there. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that certificate, and at 256-bit encryption, it's clearly far more secure than you're giving it credit for, this is double the security that's normally provided by industury-standard 128-bit certificates.

Guest rksprst

The site looks nice, but I noticed that your SSL certificate is issued by yourself.

Actually, the SSL certificate is a high-encryption one that verifies the site that it belongs to. If you click on it, it gives further information about the issuer, which personally, would make me more than secure to shop there. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that certificate, and at 256-bit encryption, it's clearly far more secure than you're giving it credit for, this is double the security that's normally provided by industury-standard 128-bit certificates.

When I go to checkout and I look at the info for the SSL under "Issued By:" it says

Name: www.magazinepal.com

Organization: Newton Apple Productions, Inc.

My browser (Camino 1.0.1) also says
Unable to verify the identity of www.magazinepal.com as a trusted site.
So even though on the front page he has a GoDaddy secure SSL icon, when you look at the info of the SSL the issued to and issued by is the same. Which would not make me want to shop there at all. If an SSL is issued by yourself, that does not inspire any trust. The certificate is also 128 bit not 256. Try using the checkout and look at SSL info, instead of clicking on the GoDaddy secure icon.

Guest Brivtech

I'm not getting that at all. If I click on the certificate seal (Which is authentic), I get a page come up from GoDaddy. Here's a transcription of the page:

This Web site is secured with a GoDaddy.com Web Server Certificate. Transactions on the site are protected with up to 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption.

Identity and Domain Control Verified

GoDaddy.com has verified that:

1. Newton Apple Productions, Inc. controls the domain: www.magazinepal.com

2. Newton Apple Productions, Inc. is registered with a government entity in the country in which it is doing business.

Site Name

www.magazinepal.com

Certificate Status

Certificate is valid (07/17/2006 - 07/17/2007)

Certificate-Holding Entity

Company Name: Newton Apple Productions, Inc.

Division: MagazinePal.com

Locality: Livingston

State: NJ

And then when I click on the repository information on that page, I get

Certificate Practices

* Certificate Policy and Certification Practice Statement (CPS)

o Version 1.8

o Previous Version

* Relying Party Agreement

o Version 1.3

o Previous Version

* Subscriber Agreement

o Version 1.5

o Previous Version

* Go Daddy Privacy Policy

Root Certificates

* ValiCert Root Certificate

o valicert_class2_root.crt

o Certificate Thumbprint Algorithm: sha1

o Certificate Thumbprint: 31 7a 2a d0 7f 2b 33 5e f5 a1 c3 4e 4b 57 e8 b7 d8 f1 fc a6

* Additional Root Certificates

Intermediate Certificate

* Go Daddy Secure Server Certificate (Intermediate Certificate)

o sf_issuing.crt

o Certificate Thumbprint: 44 6a 2a 00 c1 bb a3 6d 59 d1 c1 78 a6 7a 27 c5 0e 6d 03 df

Root Bundle

* Go Daddy Certificate Bundle (for cPanel installation only)

o ca_bundle.crt

o Certificate Thumbprint: 31 7a 2a d0 7f 2b 33 5e f5 a1 c3 4e 4b 57 e8 b7 d8 f1 fc a6

Root Certificate — DER Format

* Valicert Root — DER Format

o valicert_class2_root.cer

Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs)

* ValiCert Root CRL

* Secure Server CRL

This completely confirms that GoDaddy are the issuer. Your browser is picking up the owner information which of course is the domain that the certificate is attached to.