MySQL Error 1045 - CubeCart v3.0.11

Guest Pop_Smith

Guest Pop_Smith

Hello everyone! ;)

I am currently trying to setup CubeCart and the whole thing went smooth until I got to step 4. I had the permissions set correctly but the installer refused to go to step 5. So, I just went to my site's cart and it told me to delete the Upgrade/Install folder. I did that and when I refreshed the page it said

"MySQL Error Occured

1045: Access denied for user 'webmaster'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

I searched the forum but, haven't been able to find the answer. My website is a dot ws domain. I am using their hosting service that is included with the domain.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pop_Smith

OK I tried this and it still doesn't seem to be working. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. If I need to post a picture of my cPanel or something let me know and I will.

Guest EverythingWeb

I would *hazard* a guess that the username 'webmaster'@'localhost' is not in fact the correct Username to be using.

Please confirm through your CPanel installation what your MySQL DATABASE USERNAME is.

Guest Pop_Smith

Actually it now reports that "1045: Access denied for user: 'nations_edeals@localhost' (Using password: YES)"

mySQL user: nations_edeals

mySQL database: nations_edeals

Access Hosts: localhost

Thanks for the help! :cry:

Guest Pop_Smith

Thanks roban, now I have a different error:

1044: Access denied for user: 'nations_edeals@localhost' to database 'nations_edeals'

I will look it up.

:cry:

Guest EverythingWeb

Now, that user needs permissions to that database.

In CPANEL, assign that username with full permissions to your databse.

Guest Pop_Smith

Thanks everyone :cry: I as you can tell this is definetly a learning experience for me! I got it so far. Now I got another error. But, it has to do with a file in the cubecart directory of my site. I will look at it and if I can't seem to find an answer I will post whats up.

If I figure it out I will make sure to let you know!

Thanks!

Pop Smith

Guest Pop_Smith

Yes, I did try that and it fixed the access problem.

I am now having problems with an error I am assuming is related to the table I created:

1054: Unknown column 'array' in 'field list'

Yes, I did try that and it fixed the access problem.

I am now having problems with an error I am assuming is related to the table I created:

1054: Unknown column 'array' in 'field list'

I'm no MySQL expert but it strikes me that if you have created a table, you have somehow corrupted (maybe that's the worng word - interferred? short-cicuited? whatever) the CC installation process which automatically creates its own tables as needed. You should not have to create any tables just to get CC installed.

If that's what you have done, and unless there is some reason outside my limited knowledge for creating a Db and tables in some other way, try this:

1) Start fresh. do a total delete of the Db using the cPanel interface for MySQL. There you can delete the Db, user and so on there without going through all the steps of the PHPmysqlAdmin tutorial.

2) delete CC from your server.

3) upload a fresh copy of CC (meaning the entire contents of the folder "upload" - contents only - no more less) into the folder \public_html or \public_html\store\ or whatever.

4) start again with the CC installation script, and go through the Db creation steps in the tutorial I linked in my previous message.

That should get you an installed CC with no pain.

Guest EverythingWeb

Before you try all of this, try doing the following:

Open: https://www.cubecart.com/build/index.php?step=1

Run through the config builder *as if you were installing it at the location you ahve tried to install it at*

At the end of the process, you will have an SQL command. Go into your phpMyAdmin (through Cpanel), empty all the database tables and then copy & paste the SQL command from the page linked above into the SQL Command area and submit. This should recreate a 'blank'/'vanilla' install of the database, table structure & data.

Guest Pop_Smith

YEAH :):D :D It worked! Thank you VERY MUCH EverythingWeb and JerseyJoe.

I accessed my site's store and like EverythingWeb said, it came up with a plain looking store. Now to fiddle with it (by following the tutorials at CubeCart.com of course!).

THANK YOU both. :cry:

YEAH :):D :D It worked! Thank you VERY MUCH EverythingWeb and JerseyJoe.

I accessed my site's store and like EverythingWeb said, it came up with a plain looking store. Now to fiddle with it (by following the tutorials at CubeCart.com of course!).

THANK YOU both. :cry:

That's why EW gets those big bucks!

If the tutorials don't help with whatever you encounter, don't hesitate to ask in these forums.

Guest Pop_Smith

That's why EW gets those big bucks!

If the tutorials don't help with whatever you encounter, don't hesitate to ask in these forums.

Will do. Thanks again.

Pop Smith

Guest EverythingWeb

Can I politely suggest something? :)

Do a BACKUP from within your CPanel and download it to your computer.

If you should get into a sticky situation in the future, then you know you have a backup to fall back on.

NB: I am not advocating not doing regular backups from now on, but you get my jist. Usually within the ensuing days/weeks you will have with working on your store, you will be making big changes, frequently. Always handy to have something to fall back on. Call it 'contingency'.

And jerseyjoe, if I was on big bucks, then what the heck am I doing on here at 2 minutes past midnight!! I should be on a boat, in the bahamas. With alcohol. And women. And sunshine..... :cry:

Guest Pop_Smith

Alright, backup made and stored in a passworded folder. I will also make backups to a portable HDD I have and keep it in a fireproof safe, don't want to loose my work. :cry:

And jerseyjoe, if I was on big bucks, then what the heck am I doing on here at 2 minutes past midnight!! I should be on a boat, in the bahamas. With alcohol. And women. And sunshine..... :cry:
You mean . . . are you telling . . . you aren't? No way, man;, like no freeky-deeky way. Somebody told me if I kept doing this stuff I'd get to be like the moderators are. So, *that's* what they meant?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CREATIVE DEVIANCE

Before you try all of this, try doing the following:

Open: https://www.cubecart.com/build/index.php?step=1

Run through the config builder *as if you were installing it at the location you ahve tried to install it at*

At the end of the process, you will have an SQL command. Go into your phpMyAdmin (through Cpanel), empty all the database tables and then copy & paste the SQL command from the page linked above into the SQL Command area and submit. This should recreate a 'blank'/'vanilla' install of the database, table structure & data.

I'm having the same problem but when i paste and submit the command I get the following error:

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `CubeCart_SpamBot` (

`uniqueId` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL ,

`spamCode` varchar( 5 ) NOT NULL ,

`userIp` varchar( 15 ) NOT NULL ,

`time` int( 10 ) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY ( `uniqueId` ) ,

UNIQUE KEY `uniqueId` ( `uniqueId` )

) ENGINE = MyISAMCREATE TABLE `CubeCart_config` (

`name` varchar( 100 ) NOT NULL default '',

`array` text NOT NULL ,

KEY `name` ( `name` )

) TYPE = MYISAM ;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MyISAMCREATE TABLE `CubeCart_config` (

`name` varchar(100)

Guest EverythingWeb

Hmm,problem with the online builder program. Try replacing that section with:

CREATE TABLE `CubeCart_SpamBot` (

`uniqueId` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL ,

`spamCode` varchar( 5 ) NOT NULL ,

`userIp` varchar( 15 ) NOT NULL ,

`time` int( 10 ) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY ( `uniqueId` ) ,

UNIQUE KEY `uniqueId` ( `uniqueId` )

) ENGINE = MyISAM;

CREATE TABLE `CubeCart_config` (