Wholesale Pricing..

Guest sound

Guest sound

How would i go about offering wholesale pricing?

Something like my suppliers offer me not sure how though.

I supose i'd have a seperate pricing list and could add new

members to this list after they send me their info?

Would i just install a discount module or something?

And only made it available to certin people?

What's the legal side of this?

If a business was to purchase from us wouldn't

we have to be a registered business to supply them?

What's the legal side of this?

If a business was to purchase from us wouldn't

we have to be a registered business to supply them?

That's a pretty broad question whose answers depend greatly on where you and your customers are located, what you you are selling and to whom. If there are issues that give you reason for concern, the best source for answers would be an attorney, not here.

Guest chantesse

Am I right in thinking that you are in Ireland? Maybe it's similar to UK law where you can be a Sole Trader and the only thing the Govt wants is your Tax Return.

On the software side, in cubecart.org ther are at least 2 comprehensive approaches (i.e. Cubecart addd-ons) to offering discounts based on price.

We in the UK simply dedicate a Cubecart Store to our Wholesale Offering & enforce a minimum purchase of £100 - each price is already a trade price.

Guest sound

Thanks yep i'm in the republic or Ireland,

i don't have a store in the city so i don't see why i'd have to

register my business name?

And for the tax part, i think that would be the right approach as

most businesses won't use a service that's not payin their taxes right?

But i'm also thinking; why if i'm only selling as a retailer, would i want the government to know any of my business, considering those c***s

only want your money, and why should i register if i'm allready making money.. give them my profits?

Still i understand it's the right way to do things.. but i wouldn't be prepaired to give them my earnings.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Denver Dave

Back to the first question

How would i go about offering wholesale pricing?

Something like my suppliers offer me not sure how though.

I supose i'd have a seperate pricing list and could add new

members to this list after they send me their info?

Would i just install a discount module or something?

And only made it available to certin people?

It was mentioned that there are two addon modules available for discounts. Any comments or recommendations on these?

Is there a place that lists links to CubeCart addon modules?

Guest Denver Dave

Thanks for the link. I did find a mod having to do with coupons and one for disount coupons and one for quantity discounts.... might work ... oh wait, there's another for discount groups. Got some reading to do - thanks.

Well i'm in the process of registering my business locally ande hope to get a grant.

They liked my idea when i presented it to the local area partnership and sent me to

a business and marketing guy on wednsday last, he done all the figures and filled out the grant forms.

They sugested i go with an e-commerce business even though i presented a 15 page biz plan for a local store.

Fingers crossed, all i need is stock, no over heads, i'm not convinced i can get peeps to buy online from me

But that's something i'd have to work on, low prices and hight quality products not available in the stores.

We'll see how it goes, i'll receive benifits also to tie me over for the first 3 years of business.

How bad wha?

Guest gwizard

Well, in my own exp, getting people to buy from you depends on 2 things and 2 things only:

1. Marketing - The key point in any business, be it online or not. If you advertise to the right market using the right tools for that market - you will get orders. Simple in definition, not so simple in implementation. I suggest you do a good study on the demographics of the intended market for your product even before you fill the documents for license. Basicly it means to figure out what age groups your market belongs to, what income they have on avg, etc. Based on that data you will adjust your pricing/profit model and the kind of advertisment you want to go with.

The rule of thumb for this: No matter what you sell, if you advertise it right - people will buy it.

2. Offering - The kind of products you sell. If it's needed - it will sell even if your prices are higher then avg man can afford. If it's luxury/commodity - you can sell it for more (depends on the study you did in clause 1). If it's geared toward low end market like minimum wage or starting business - you must not set prices too high or people wont buy.

Basicly, this is what can get you started.

Of course, running a successfull business is much much more then that, but it's a start and you will pick up all the necessary stuff later on.

Good luck !