Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live Sites

Hi - I have just had my site listed as "live" in your "New Stores" section - that's fantastic, thanks.

However, it would be a good idea to put a "These sites are live, please do not place test orders!" disclaimer on this section - as I have already had three test orders.

..... <G> I won't be able to pay for bandwidth for test orders!

Thanks

:)

Did the test order come from [email protected]?

If so, he/she hit my site too, and attempted to find "logs" by using the search facility.

I posted a message about this in one of the other sections, but I probably should have put it here.

I would agree with the LIVE SITES message.

The IP No concerned with the last two orders was 82.36.193.212 .... and the interesting feature about the cubecart system is that viewing the order shows the IP no - which is a hyperlink to nic.com's IP search facility.

The IP no used for the first order I received was an American Technology Institute who had a very quick response to my request to track down the abuse. I received an apology from the person involved who was testing what he thought was a demo site ......

Having been "burned" once or twice before, I am being extra careful these days to follow up on any and all misuse of my site.

Margaret

http://www.macgillivrays.co.uk/scottishgifts

Thanks - I see there's a nice pop-up now which tells us all that these are live sites!

Great service, much appreciated.

Margaret